Science Forums

Looking for a good chicken liver recipe

learnin to learn

Does any1 have a good recipe for chicken livers? I am sick of cooking them the old way!:eek: :hihi:

L2L

Before salmonelia became a serious threat, I used to like them raw. Many may find this disgusting but, if you truly like the taste of liver, you'll like them au,natur. At any rate, I personally like to boil them slightly, poach is the term I believe, just to insure that they are safe to eat. I then mash them into a pur'ee, seasoned to taste, and spread this liberally on Ritz crackers,.........yum, yummmm..........................Infy

Ok, I'm sharing a secret here, so don't tell anyone, ok?

The link that I'm posting is to one of my very favorite cooking sites, and I have a sneaking suspicion that people around here would really appreciate this place. The site just makes me laugh, as it is what it claims to be, and this isn't how I usually cook. But give it a look.

And this recipe, for dirty rice, is SUPERB! I actually fixed this one just a few weeks ago (totally ditched BFL that night, with guilty pleasure!), and could not eat enough of this...

Bon apetit!

Irish

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/article.php?id=147

Ok, I'm sharing a secret here, so don't tell anyone, ok?

The link that I'm posting is to one of my very favorite cooking sites, and I have a sneaking suspicion that people around here would really appreciate this place. The site just makes me laugh, as it is what it claims to be, and this isn't how I usually cook. But give it a look.

And this recipe, for dirty rice, is SUPERB! I actually fixed this one just a few weeks ago (totally ditched BFL that night, with guilty pleasure!), and could not eat enough of this...

Bon apetit!

Irish

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/article.php?id=147

Dang that looks sooooooooo good!!!!!!!! thanks irish eyes!

Dang that looks sooooooooo good!!!!!!!! thanks irish eyes!

I just use the livers in mine, not the gizzards.

You'll have to tell me how you liked it. It really is one of our favorite dishes, but we don't eat it too often.

Also, did any of you check out the "Cooking for Engineers" site in the link? That place just kills me. It is exactly where I would send nemo if he wanted to know how to cook something. Looking at this particular recipe, it made me chuckle to see that they had put all of the ingredients on the cutting board, clockwise, in the order that they should be added to the pan. And I just LOVED that chart at the bottom, with all of the lines and instructions.

Like I said, it's not how *I* cook (I'm one of those 'touch of this', 'pinch of that' people), but it does my heart good to see a site that pays homage to the more meticulous among us. Engineers need to eat too, right?