Science Forums

Americans overwhelmingly support Israel in war with Hamas According to Poll

Vmedvil

Do you Support Israel Against Hamas In The War?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Support Israel Against Hamas In The War?

• Yes
    • No

It seems according to a poll that Americans overwhelmingly support Israel in the war with Hamas, read more at Americans overwhelmingly support Israel in war with Hamas: poll | The Hill

Do you think that Israel was wrongly attacked by Hamas or what are your thoughts about the situation between Israel and Hamas?

Edited by Vmedvil

It is one thing to attack Israel, that is happening all the time. It is another thing to commit atrocities that are beyond bestial; beheading babies and small toddlers, raping and killing young girls and women, burning people alive and taking civilian hostages back into Gaza. These actions change the narrative completely; this was not just an “attack” on Israel it was something that human beings do not do.

What really concerns me is the high number of people, particularly on university campuses, that are not condemning these acts of depravity but instead are praising Hamas.

Israel must act to search and destroy Hamas in the Gaza and try to free the hostages while minimizing deaths and injuries to the non-Hamas Palestinians. It will be very difficult, but it must be done.

7 hours ago, OceanBreeze said:

It is one thing to attack Israel, that is happening all the time. It is another thing to commit atrocities that are beyond bestial; beheading babies and small toddlers, raping and killing young girls and women, burning people alive and taking civilian hostages back into Gaza. These actions change the narrative completely; this was not just an “attack” on Israel it was something that human beings do not do.

What really concerns me is the high number of people, particularly on university campuses, that are not condemning these acts of depravity but instead are praising Hamas.

Israel must act to search and destroy Hamas in the Gaza and try to free the hostages while minimizing deaths and injuries to the non-Hamas Palestinians. It will be very difficult, but it must be done.

Both Hamas and the government of Israel fail to reach the high ground in this one IMHO, Israel while on the receiving end of barbaric Hamas behavior this time it must be remembered that Israel didn't exactly from out of a band of peaceful refugees trying to fit in an area where no one else lived. This religious nonsense has been killing people on both sides for centuries. The heart of the barbarism here is religious fervor against the others who think their god is better than the others. The Israelis started what would have been called ethnic cleansing against the non Jewish residents of Palestine even before the UK decided to grant them ownership of other peoples land after WW2. The Israelis even pushed Christians out of their homes as well as Muslims until they realized that Christians would be a source of so much money. I don't have much sympathy for either government it's the innocents of both sides who only want to live their lives I feel for. The wild eyed religious pistol wavers can all drop dead as far as i am concerned.    

17 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

Both Hamas and the government of Israel fail to reach the high ground in this one IMHO, Israel while on the receiving end of barbaric Hamas behavior this time it must be remembered that Israel didn't exactly from out of a band of peaceful refugees trying to fit in an area where no one else lived. This religious nonsense has been killing people on both sides for centuries. The heart of the barbarism here is religious fervor against the others who think their god is better than the others. The Israelis started what would have been called ethnic cleansing against the non Jewish residents of Palestine even before the UK decided to grant them ownership of other peoples land after WW2. The Israelis even pushed Christians out of their homes as well as Muslims until they realized that Christians would be a source of so much money. I don't have much sympathy for either government it's the innocents of both sides who only want to live their lives I feel for. The wild eyed religious pistol wavers can all drop dead as far as i am concerned.    

Wow, too much venom in that post.

I am amazed that any civilized person does not support Israel in their fight against Hamas, in light of the barbaric acts that Hamas has committed.

No further comment.

12 minutes ago, OceanBreeze said:

Wow, too much venom in that post.

I am amazed that any civilized person does not support Israel in their fight against Hamas, in light of the barbaric acts that Hamas has committed.

No further comment.

So you think might makes right? Native Americans were treated by the "civilized" Europeans a lot like the Palestinians were treated by Israel, we were labeled as savages when we tried to defend our land from invaders, especially when we turned the same tactics used by The Europeans against them. Make no mistake, the Israelis made no friends when they ran all the Palestinians off their land. The Israelis accomplished this by destroying the homes and murdering the people who resisted,  the only people I feel sorry for are the innocents caught between Hamas and the IDF, even much of the Israeli people think that the killing of Civilians in the Gaza strip is wrong. Again, it's religion that is driving this crime against humanity, both sides think god is on their side, this leaves what little humanity either side has out of the equation. What gave Israel the right to drive Palestinians off their land to start with? I guess it was Manifest Destiny, that old excuse worked well for Europeans in North America. I would support the destruction of Hamas but not the civilians of the Gaza strip, they are just pawns in a struggle between religious nut jobs.