The chain inside human mind

hallenrm

You just gave me a compilation of WORDS

that represent whatever comes to your mind when you,

well,

think, or hear the word.

That's Definition.

But what do you FEEL?

Can you feel the rhythms that you can't explain?

There is so much more than just those few...words....

Let me now tell, what led me to this chain.

I was contemplating, why some people succeed to be inventive and creative while others miserably fail?

That's another clue. Does it make any more sense?

I am reminded of the few lines from a poem by Eliot:

"Let us go then you and I

When the evening is spread out against the sky"

Let me now tell, what led me to this chain.

I was contemplating, why some people succeed to be inventive and creative while others miserably fail?

That's another clue. Does it make any more sense?

I am reminded of the few lines from a poem by Eliot:

"Let us go then you and I

When the evening is spread out against the sky"

Why don't you post in the "Quatrain Corner" and "Poems of Any Length" threads ???

Chains could be symbolic for imprisonment and lack of freedom... when applied to the mind it takes on a whole other character.

Thanks, would the word sequence, be better or would it be series or progression, instead of 'chain'. Perhaps any of these alternate synonyms do not evoke those feelings.

Now do we get down to some serious thinking?

I don't know...

Could be education.

Could be background.

Motivation.

Drive.

Social support.

Good mentors.

Experience...

Luck.

Most likely, though, it's some combination of all of those (as well as all that I left out).

I guess I'm struggling to understand your question. I just reread your first post and you listed a few words... mentioned a chain and asked if something was missing. Where are you coming from? Where do you think you want to go with this? I enjoy speaking of such things, although, I am admittedly no expert. Give me a better understanding of the parameters you envision and I'll be happy to be, at the very least, some sort of sounding board for you.

;)

Cheers. :)

Let me now tell you the genesis of the thread.

Sometime back I wondered, How did different persons made great discoveries and inventions, Did they extraordinary knowledge? According to me that cannot be the case. The same knowledge at any moment of time is available to many, thanks to various modes of communication.

But the knowledge, one may call it information, accepted by the mind of an individual can vary. It depends how quite is the mind of the receptor to assimiliate it into his/her previous knowledge. One may use the analogy to a computer, the results it can deliver depends on its OS, the program and the data provided to it.

But there is a difference. Take the example of the concept of resonanting structures of molecules and the mind of Kekule. What led to his sudden inspiration? This is a question which the analogy I just mentioned fails to address.

I think I have given you enough lead. Its your turn now.

:)