Science Forums

I'm looking for some help

Crissy2

Hi all. I just registered and glanced through the threads although most of this is something that I have not looked into but I found this forum because I'm starting to believe that my 6 year old son has knowlege of either parallell universes or of life on another planet or......I just don't know.

My son used to have dreams of going to a place called Magent Links where people walked as though they were zombies. He said that while there, it was known that "them in the sky" could come and take you away at any time and you had to be very careful. This was a recurring dream for a long time. He asked me to pray that he not have to go back there. Eventually that seems to have come to an end.

Last night he asked a simple question that led into the reason for my post. He asked, "mom, are ghosts real?" I told him no but took it as a great opportunity to introduce that there are actuall spirits and soals, ect, ect. He's seen quite a few but I never knew how to respond to him being that he was so young. Anyway, he said, "well, I'm special then, that I can see them." I said "yes." (long pause.) "Mom?"

"Yes."

"Did you know that we're not the only world out there? Theres other worlds and they come to do research. See, in some places we are underground, we go underground."

I asked what he meant and he tried to explain. "Well, you know like the ground we step on..thats not really just the ground, we may be on the ground but theres another ground above us that we cannot see. Theres tunnels that we go through. The only place in our world that is completely underground is China." "They are the closest to hell though because they serve a different God."

First of all he doesn't know anything of China, nor does he know about another God or the possible existence of one.

I didn't know what to say. I said, "How do you know this?" He said, "it's a gift that God gave me, I just know." And I had nothing to say back.

I tried searching for anytype of theorys on "underground" but I have a feeling that was just his way of explaining it to me, not really what it is. Does that make since? The closest thing I could find was Parallell Universes but even that didn't quite match. It's such a new thing to me that I have no idea where to begin.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Thanks.

Crissy.

Hi Chrissy,

You are correct that this might not be the right forum (physics and mathematics)... maybe medical or even strange claims... however, you raise a valid point that your son may just not yet have the proper communication skills to adequately convey to you what is happening.

There are a few pieces to your question that much be taken into account. First, dreams are a symbolic representation of all manner of things. What we see and feel primarily.

Second, kids know much more than many people wish to concede, and are far more often not limited by the constraints of "common sense."

Last, what is it about your son's dreams and the discussion thereof that makes your interpretation what it is...

Are you concerned that your son is a demon? I wouldn't be.

Are you trying to figure out a way to communicate with your son and articulate your own thoughts? If so, you're on the right track, and simply by being open and loving you can't go wrong.

Sorry if I didn't really answer your question. Truth is, I had a hard time figuring out what your question was and just wanted to share some thoughts based on what I read in your post.

Anyway, welcome... Best wishes and if I ever can be of assistance in answering a question I will certainly try.

Cheers. :shrug:

When I was a child I had dreams like these. I dreamed of flying ships and operating vehicles (around the age of 4-6?). Also some strange kind of reality disorder which caused my consciousness to go into some kind of tempo monotone and I was unable to hear what people said to me. I also had reacurring dreams for years where this person would talk to me and show me really weird places.. Eventually the mental problem went away.. I didnt mention it to people because, mainly because I didnt have the mental ability to explain it, and really I didnt happen to think at that age that it was different from other people. I had/have no background on religion or what exactly a god or god was.. but it was my instinct to speak to it and ask it to make 'it' go away.. and that seemed to be the only thing that worked..

Anyway, eventually I life carried on and I think about those things now and just assume I must have a pretty active creative area in my brain. I turned out good :hyper: so your kid will too.

Although, there is a rise in extremely talented and intelligent children.

This girl for example is amazing. http://www.artakiane.com/

First of all he doesn't know anything of China, nor does he know about another God or the possible existence of one.

I didn't know what to say. I said, "How do you know this?" He said, "it's a gift that God gave me, I just know." And I had nothing to say back.

Hi!, I found your post rather interesting.

I think, the real problem is not in the mind of the child or the mother, it is in their relationship which is constrianed by the mother's limited knowledge and perhaps time.

Personally, if I were to face such a situation, I would sit with the child with a book on different civilizations and places. (or may be while watching the National Geographic or a similar channel. I think the source of your problem is in the limited exposure to the world ( All Children have that!!!).

All I can do is to wish you a happy and enjoyable motherhood.