Science Forums

Metaphysical pool of consciousness

Loricybin

okay okay okay

im just gonna START this one in strange claims, because, well, you'll see.

but i happen to be firmly locking into this belief, deeper and deeper every day.

first off, CONSCIOUSNESS

now, assuming that there is no way to find a physical thing that can be labelled "consciousness", one can almost assume that it is beyond this external realm that is the universe.

so assuming that each of us has a seperate consciousness living somewhere within each body, what happens when the body shuts down (dies)?

since reality is made of the compiled data recieved by the senses of the body, if our consciousness continues on and releases from the body's anchor after death, where the hell would it GO???

since we ALL have this consciousness that exists without physical form,

perhaps there is an infinite metaphysical pool of all knowing consciousness that claims residence to any/all intelligent thought/thoughts.

perhaps one's conscousness becomes one with all other thought and becomes all knowing, and whenever a new organism is formed, a small section of this infinite thought pool is broken free, thus reduced to zero thought, and manifested as a blank canvas of thought into the forming organism during conception.

yes, it sounds crazy, and i am unable to put all of my thoughts on this subject down at once, because there is a lot.

so PLEASE, ask me questions, critique this . . . either prove me brilliant, wrong, stupid, or insane, but do not let it just sit here and be forgotten. i need to form more thoughts around this.

i must expand, please help:)

so assuming that each of us has a seperate consciousness living somewhere within each body, what happens when the body shuts down (dies)?

since reality is made of the compiled data recieved by the senses of the body, if our consciousness continues on and releases from the body's anchor after death, where the hell would it GO???

well consider this: You say reality is made of the compiled data recieved by the senses of the body, would you go as far as saying that consciousness IS the compiled data recieved by the senses of the body... because if you take that road then when the body shuts down and data stops coming in, consciousness ceases to be and it goes to nothingness - dead

well consider this: You say reality is made of the compiled data recieved by the senses of the body, would you go as far as saying that consciousness IS the compiled data recieved by the senses of the body... because if you take that road then when the body shuts down and data stops coming in, consciousness ceases to be and it goes to nothingness - dead

no, you seem to be cutting consciousness short. . .

think about this:

a person who is unable to feel, hear, speak, see, or taste.

now while no actions are apparent and available to react to, it can still be an active being, but it isn't due to lack of ligitamite stimuli. it is this consciousness, the thing that makes you able to think "i am thinking . . . "

this is possibly a small puddle of thought taken from a large pool. like a bowl of water out of an infinitely large swimming pool.

i know, i'm probably wrong, but i loved the idea at the time of typing it.

what do you think?

One way around this is to add the consciousness of others into the definition of your own consciousness. Then, when you are no longer receiving incoming stimuli, your consciousness will still survive through that of others. This pattern continues and you have a network supporting your own consciousness.

I don't know... I'm in a hurry, but take the above however you'd like.

Cheers. :shrug:

Its hard to say what could be right but sometimes there is things that just feel right, and of course with some logical thinking backing it up.

I hear what you are saying and I too actually have a hypothesis on this whole subject, if that is the right choice of words.

I believe when someone makes a discovery all they have done is pulled the veil away from 'all knowing truth', it is and will be.

So this opens my pathway for asking where did the truth come from when a eager curious disover'ee happened to pull the right string to reviel a design?

I believe and, no wait, I know that we are co-creators. We create color from the impulses of space-time, we create emotion, and so many other things, not over time, but in the unlimited NOW.

We create action that does not follow in the code of reality. I mean by this, that we dont act like a rock would or a particle.

Our existence or consciousness, was assigned to ONE particular human body and not a different one at this time. It has purpose in its mystery.

I think that this pool of all knowing your talking about is the fabric of space-time. It is kind of like a super fluid dimension which is particless. Like a devine fabric which can create conscious meaning out of the disterbences that occur in with in this fabric.

This is where I think (in an alternative idea) that energy and matter can be interchangable because they are different functions of this fabric. Matter would be a high speed disturbance, I suppose like a vortex. The specific mass or properties of this fabric would be responsible for reason we have constants here in this 3 dimensional reality. When these disturbances are happening they create low pressure from high velocity disturbance and as we know this creates lift effect, lift effect that sticks from all sides in a spherical manner, creating the inwards pressure effect. Mass or the feeling of inertia would be from the grip each particle/disturbance has in this fabric. In this model atoms dont bounce around they swell, or gain velocity in motion when they heat up. They can of course travel. It erases the need to say strong and weak nuclear force, positive and negetive electrical charge, gravity force. Instead, it is all disturbances in the Father material dimension. Charges being different spins, gravity being a difference in density of this fabric. Kind of like a giant disturbance (space-time curve) that decreases in velocity and effectiveness from distance of more compact disturbances.

Some how, we are one of this father fabric. Yet individual observers/wills/souls (sole entity). And maybe its not physical in nature but like time, there but not. When we die we may leave space-time consciousness and go back (but not really go anywhere just sink back into father dimension) in this super brain fabric, but of course without the human way of thinking rather, just something I leave to your imagination. Somehow, in life we are commanders of a disturbance in the fabric. We are like God, alloud to be one in Gods body, which is this fabric, and we feel and sense by this fabric being disturbed and manipulated.

hah, crazy eh.

I dont think there's a shortage of non-physical things that are considered to not be beyond this universe, wind and waves being a couple. If consciousness is from beyond, why does it develop within a person, why doesn't it arrive in full force? Why is it effected by things that are in this universe, for example, alcohol?

I dont think there's a shortage of non-physical things that are considered to not be beyond this universe, wind and waves being a couple. If consciousness is from beyond, why does it develop within a person, why doesn't it arrive in full force? Why is it effected by things that are in this universe, for example, alcohol?

hmmm . . .

that's a great perspective on it, makes me think of the potential expansioin via alkaloids and other strange psychoactives

no, you seem to be cutting consciousness short. . .

think about this:

a person who is unable to feel, hear, speak, see, or taste.

now while no actions are apparent and available to react to, it can still be an active being, but it isn't due to lack of ligitamite stimuli. it is this consciousness, the thing that makes you able to think "i am thinking . . . "

this is possibly a small puddle of thought taken from a large pool. like a bowl of water out of an infinitely large swimming pool.

i know, i'm probably wrong, but i loved the idea at the time of typing it.

what do you think?

Thats the thoughts I was trying to provoke! but if a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound? as much as you could say that this person is there in that shell of a body, how could it be prooved? brain activity tests, would that be conclusive evidence that there is a conciousness trapped in there?

Thats the thoughts I was trying to provoke! but if a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound?

It all depends on your definition.

If you define sound as the perception of an incoming pressure wave at a particular frequency, then No.

If you define sound as the pressure wave itself (at a particular frequency), then Yes.

There's much work to be done before ANYTHING can be said conclusively regarding consciousness.

Thats the thoughts I was trying to provoke! but if a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound?
It all depends on your definition.

If you define sound as the perception of an incoming pressure wave at a particular frequency, then No.

If you define sound as the pressure wave itself (at a particular frequency), then Yes.

precisely what i've always known and never been able to say.

-stupid lingual filter!:hyper:-

There's much work to be done before ANYTHING can be said conclusively regarding consciousness.

why is consciousness so damn c:confused:nfusing ?!?

There is an amazing difference in understanding consciousness, in the means of existence. When you look at consciousness from an outside view of study like studying the brain and things like this compared to being the consciousness and learning from it. Its amazing how your consciousness can shift on how it interprets consciousness from these two ways of trying to understand it.

It is strange how someone who has been in acoma for years will not remember a thing and will wake up and act as they did when the coma happened, given there is no brain damage. So its like you have to dig so deep, deep in your mind to grasp the concept. As long as your brain can work it seems you are not dead and will not experience death. But it seems obvious to me that if you could end up somewhere after living it would be without your body and so you can forget everything you know and then apply nothing you know to the after existence lol.

I think the fact that there is a universe, and consciousness is a part of it.. that fact alone.. goes beyond science and is quite a powerful purpose. One can think its just nature and a universe just happens to exist in a place that does not.. or one can find the meaning in the fact it is here..

I cant describe it lol.. Though, things have greatly changed for me since I began studying and contemplating it all. Some call it being re-born, well it definatly feels like it in the moment you awake that part of yourself which seems to come from beyond just here.