Science Forums

Redistribution of the earth's mass by human activities

saidevo

Modern human civilization is characterized by mining, quarrying and construction activities that go on at a hectic pace. Large masses of natural wealth are excavated and redistributed in the form of comforts and facilities for man. The naturally formed surfaces of the earth, due to these activities, gets deformed with ups and downs, worsening as years go by.

To what extent does this redistribution of mass affect the gravitational force and environment of the earth? One example is, we have pollution, mainly due to the burning up of fuel wealth. What other causes and effects happen because of man's mining and building activities?

saidevo

To what extent does this redistribution of mass affect the gravitational force and environment of the earth?

saidevo

___To what extent does the redistribution of minerals through the digestive tracts of birds affect Earths rotational velocity, gravitational force & environment? If both measures have models in fractals, which of the two systems have a higher fractional dimension or do they equal one another?

___Birds do bird things, like migrate; people do people things, like mine. However, not birds, or bees, or any other creature but people discuss what they do. I challenge a single non-people creature to post here & assert they are a bird, or boar, or baboon & provide supporting evidence, hyperlinks, biographies, etc.

___Your question saidevo inclines me too accept your peopletoodinality; the game is afoot!:lol:

Like the ratio of carbon dioxide emitted to the amount the trees sequester its impossible for us idiots to calculate, but common sense says that its not improving the balance of things. having said that I very much doubt that alterations in gravitational interactions are the priority concern.

Turtle : Maybe the bird knows better than to mess uncontrollably with its habitat ?

Turtle : Maybe the bird knows better than to mess uncontrollably with its habitat ?

___Perhaps. If that is the case, they have failed to communicate it. As an avid bird watcher I have observed that they spend more time than the average peep fighting amongst themselves over food than they spend growing it.

___People in my view have just as much claim to "being natural" as the next biotic reproducer. The Earth is plenty capable of destroying (remaking actually) itself without the aid of humans. The question is, what creature is most likely to purposefully ameliorate Earth's natural remakings?

___People aren't the bad guys here; we're the only hope we have.:lol:

___Perhaps. If that is the case, they have failed to communicate it. As an avid bird watcher I have observed that they spend more time than the average peep fighting amongst themselves over food than they spend growing it.

Well I think they have communicated it well enough for most of us to realise.

As for fighting amoungst themselves over resources I hardly think you can be entitled to take too much issue with them over that. I think you will find that they spend just as much time distributing the seeds and enhancing the probability of survival of thier sources as they do on consuming them. Its true some birds have become quite territorial (like the Cassowary) but then without them we wouldnt be here so I think we should give them a little bit of credit dont you. Their long term survival strategies are arguably better than ours..even we even have one.

To what extent does this redistribution of mass affect the gravitational force and environment of the earth?

Gravitational force? None. We would have to take a rather large chunk out of the Earth and hurl it away from our planet for that to happen. As it is now everything stays right here. The amount of digging and shuffling that we do may look huge on a human scale but it is really extremely tiny compared to the huge size of the Earth's crust.

... Their long term survival strategies are arguably better than ours..even we even have one.

___Because birds appear in the fossil record before we peeps, & because we & they both still be here, we cannot make a qualified judement of the efficacy of the survival strategies.

___The thing in all this that whiffs of hot gas is the implication that if we peeps would just go away things on Earth would be just peachy. I a peep, we a peep, have every-much right to have our way with the world as any other creature here. Not only do no other creatures spend as much time thinking & discoursing on how to distribute resources, they don't spend any time doing it.:lol:

I never thought I would ever come across a complete idiot.

Maybe you will yet some day.

If you want a feel of my ideal(s), read some of my

posts. I have the dog by the tail by my teeth & it is me.:hyper:

http://hypography.com/forums/lounge/1821-minimalist-multifunctionism-quest-dog.html?highlight=minimalist

http://hypography.com/forums/earth-science/1459-whats-growing-your-garden-horticultural-science.html