Science Forums

DMT and the Psychedelic Pineal.

Tarantism

the gathering seems to be largely underground, probably for the safety and freedom of the participants.

Including the toads I hope!;) :)

The Frog Prince is a Grimm brothers tale & no one would contend these weren't some trippy dudes. I speculate they changed toad to frog & smoking to kissing & that they were inbibers of entheogens. More research.:)

Here's the Wicky link to the licky dink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-MeO-DMT

so, from the looks of things, McKenna's stoned ape theory could possibly be expanded to include some of the other naturally occuring psychedelics. what about the peyote cactus? mankind wouldnt have encountered it until much later, but it has played a prominant role in mexican mythology im sure of that.

Mexican, american indian, mayan, aztek...

And Americans who still hear the call in the wind, today.

Who look past the bullshit on television

and find allies with roots

deep into the earth.

The mayans and azteks had LSD, too :)

I love how none of this is new, yet we are discussing it as if it is.

Including the toads I hope!;) :)

The Frog Prince is a Grimm brothers tale & no one would contend these weren't some trippy dudes. I speculate they changed toad to frog & smoking to kissing & that they were inbibers of entheogens. More research.:)

Here's the Wicky link to the licky dink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-MeO-DMT

haha turtle thats right up there with the true story to alice and wonderland! it seems that many old fairytales were drug induced, many of them were written during the height of opium use i THINK. then there is the poetry and art that came from the absinthe era (van gough among others). then there was the influx of progressive and experimental music that came during the height of LSD use in america and europe. i guess we can dedicate many of the more creative aspects of humanity to drug use? (note to admins: im not advocating drug use, unless its my own :eek: )

My roomys are getting quite a kick out of my research. I'm reading it to them as I find it. One knew the episode of Simpsons where Homer licks a toad & trips out.

so, from the looks of things, McKenna's stoned ape theory could possibly be expanded to include some of the other naturally occuring psychedelics.

Shall we keep that in the thread(s) already discussing McKenna? Let's keep this one on the title topic as it is as broad as a delta all on its own.

Interesting to see according to Wicky that DMT was first synthesized in 1936. Perhaps the authors of the Urantia book were tripping on DMT as the claim is the book comes from angels/spirit beings? I think it is so.:) :)

My roomys are getting quite a kick out of my research. I'm reading it to them as I find it. One knew the episode of Simpsons where Homer licks a toad & trips out.

ah i have seen the family guy where quite the same thing happens. i do quite like that show, though it aint nothing compared to ROBOT CHICKEN :) .

Shall we keep that in the thread(s) already discussing McKenna? Let's keep this one on the title topic as it is as broad as a delta all on its own.

apologies, turtle. i get carried away with these things, especially since they all tie together!

Interesting to see according to Wicky that DMT was first synthesized in 1936. Perhaps the authors of the Urantia book were tripping on DMT as the claim is the book comes from angels/spirit beings? I think it is so.:eek: :hihi:

haha, it certainly does seem to fit, doesnt it? especially since so many reports of DMT trips (especially when taken interveniously) describe contact with beings!

haha, it certainly does seem to fit, doesnt it? especially since so many reports of DMT trips (especially when taken interveniously) describe contact with beings!

I remember hearing a speach by McKenna that was broadcasted from Berkley,

he was talking about DMT and I specifically remember him saying this

"You get elves...everybody does"

In his CREEEEPY voice.

I find that so odd.

Dream characters, we make them up in our dreams . .

They can teach us things, yet it's all from within.

i get carried away with these things, especially since they all tie together!

Acknowledged; nothing is not connected. I have been known to get carried away myself they say.:hihi:

I hope someday to have the perps exposed. As to the Grimms, I have a rather serious misconception of their stories it seems; they collected the stories orally, not authored them.

The brothers traveled widely throughout Germany and other countries, performing field research for their linguistic work, which involved trying to find patterns in how the vowels and consonants which made up specific words changed over time. To determine these patterns, they needed to hear many different examples of authentic speech by various speakers of different ages and in different regions. They eventually discovered that one of the easiest ways to convince older local residents to give them lengthy examples of their natural speech was to ask the residents to tell their favorite stories to the brothers. As the brothers recorded the style of speech of the speaker for their research (which eventually led to the formulation of Grimm's Law), they also recorded the various stories that they were told, and eventually published them (in 1817). The stories became immensely popular, and were widely reprinted. Ironically, the brothers are now most widely known for these collections of stories, which were essentially an unexpected byproduct of the linguistic research which was their primary goal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimm_Brothers

I would like to find more on the circumstance of the DMT synthesis in 1936. Hey...a bit off topic, but if you just put a year (1936 for example) into Wicky you get a sweet history lesson.

:)

I would like to find more on the circumstance of the DMT synthesis in 1936.

you know, there is definitive information on that, which i had in my brain at somepoint. the difinitive information i speak of is in my copy of the book DMT: the Spirit Molecule. i lent it to Orb a few months ago. he moved to florida. :)

as far as i know, as with most drug synthisis, it was accidental. well, acutally, the chemical has been used for centuries in shamanic use in south america, by way of the drink Ayahuasca.

HEY! ORB! you got that book handy?

you know, there is definitive information on that, which i had in my brain at somepoint. the difinitive information i speak of is in my copy of the book DMT: the Spirit Molecule.

Roger

I see in reading all this chemistry stuff, we need to differentiate between DMT and 5-MeO-DMT.

Dimethyltryptamine, also known as DMT and N,N-dimethyltryptamine, not to be confused with 5-MeO-DMT, is a psychedelic tryptamine, similar in structure to the neurotransmitter serotonin.

So it appears that DMT isn't found in the toads, rather it's 5-MeO-DMT.