Science Forums

DMT and the Psychedelic Pineal.

Tarantism

well, DCL, i would say that the reason for the adrenaline rushes are a result of the body and mind being put under stress. there is a great deal of travel involved with a DMT trip, and the mind may take that quite literally.

thats just an idea, though, no saying for sure, at least not from me.

ahh that changes things a bit! ok well, canidates remain quite the same...though the fact that she used it to de-age herself suggests that perhaps the brew brought about "good feeling'....

assuming that the tales came from Russia, it would have been easy for word of this "good feeling" plant to travel to Russia from the east by way of Mongolia.

whadduya think?

I equate the good feeling to intent and/or state of mind when using the psychoactive; bad trip otherwise kind of thing.

Yes indeed from Mongolia. The Udeghe people have shamanic traditions; moreover to bring it full circle, they used the Khua (spinning disk on a string) in magic ritual & song.

I'm tired. I have been absolutely manic these last days with the heat wave & larger quakes under St. Helens. Must rest.:hihi:

Udege (Удэгейцы in Russian; self designation: удээ and удэхе, or udae and udekhe correspondingly) are a people who live in the Primorsky Krai and Khabarovsk Krai regions in Russia. They live along the tributaries of the Ussuri, Amur, Kungari and Anyuy Rivers. The Udege speak the Udege language, which belongs to the Tungusic language family. Their religious beliefs include animism, animal worship and shamanism. The Udege are mainly engaged in hunting, fishing and ginseng picking. According to the 2002 census, there were 1,657 Udege in Russia, a slight increase from 1,500 in 1970).

so, they practiced Shamanism and were present in early Russia. another important aspect of note is that, based on the picture in the link that you posted, the members look less Europian and more Asian. this could be because the earlier incarnations of the tribes were nomadic, like all early humans were, and this could be the reason for the passing of Blue Lotus Rituals from Asia to Mongolia and Russia.

and we all know that the shamens are no strangers to psychoactive plant use. this just may be a hole in...welll....triple bogey it may be but still our quarry could be in the crosshairs.

If we naturally release DMT or other chemicals under extreme scenarios, what in particular would have to trigger it?

Perhaps we have unknowingly found that trigger and it has been lying under our noses for ages, embedded within a culture. Could tribe rituals or any other forms of meditation simulate this trigger?

thats under speculation, as you can see in the earlier posts in this thread as well as other thread relating to the same topic.

nobody is sure exactly why the DMT in our brain is there, though there are a few good theories. i suggest you read back along the pages of this thread for info.

In my rick strassman interview i posted in the theology thread, he mentions a Japenese Mystic who talks aobut literally squeezing the pineal of its Nectar, you can also find reference to Yogis, in the yogic sciences who cut the bottom of their tounge so it can be stretched back and massaged the roof of the inner mouth, where the pineal is located, this results in the secretion of "Amrita" or the divine nectar. Sound familar? If any neurochemical has the right to be this nectar, then it would have to me N,n Dmt, and 5-meo DMT. Both are found and released together to create what my chemist friend calls the "Mayan twin effectt".

Kundalini Yoga, which i am a student of, teaches the student that he must rouse the energy at the base of the spine, to enter up the spinal cloum to activate the pineal for higher coniousness..sound familar..of course its more complicatd then that....Ive read tales of people trying to activate this energy and cause themselves to be set on fire,,if the energy goes up the wrong channell. google"Kundalini yoga" for more details.

The difference is the shaman doesnt spend thirty years trying to do this..he just whipps up a bach of yopo snuff does a Moa-I and blasts off...activating the same spot as if it was endegenous DMT.

By the way 5-meo dmt is NOT illegal and can be bought at research chemical sites. It is very exspensive and you only need to smoke a TINY TINY bit for it too be active. But i stress again, 5-meois only half of the recipe. I wonder why one is legal, and the other is not?

One more thing, Tantra sex yoga, is a science to have both of you activate the DMT in your brains during prolonged sexual conduct. Through breathing and rythem this can be acheived with awesome results, purification of the 7 chakra vortexs along the spine is a must in this tradition as not to release th energy too early in a student path.

interesting stuff.

Got to go cherry picking, be back in a week.

peace

Neuroflux....Mother****indmtshamanblastinofftoother universesbackatchawithacosmic........vengence.......

cool info there. i have read Strassman's book too, and i remember him mentioning in the list of times when the DMT is "accidnetly" released that one was the height of sexual experience organsm. thus it would make sense that it could be released in Tantra if the technique is mastered.

lots of cool stuff there....

okay, turtle (and anyone else reading this post), i have another one for you. it has been the speculation of one T. McKenna, in his book food of the gods, that perhaps the apple picked off the tree of knowlege is a metaphor for the, and i quote him: "first recorded drug bust in human history".

ponder:

Apple: Mushroom.

Tree Of Knowlege: the ensuing thoughts that result from eating said metaphor. this would suggest that Eve didnt know until after that the tree was ripe with knowlege. its not a tree at all, you dont pick a mushroom from a tree.

gods vengence, and subsiquent barring of the garden: the law's clamp on psychedelic experimentation.

certainly fits, by my logic. much to the dismay of christians everywhere.

okay, turtle (and anyone else reading this post), i have another one for you. it has been the speculation of one T. McKenna, in his book food of the gods, that perhaps the apple picked off the tree of knowlege is a metaphor for the, and i quote him: "first recorded drug bust in human history".

Speculation is the operative word here. I discharge his & replace it with my own.

Consider the metaphor for tree which refers to a decision tree as in graph theory; the fruit thereof is reaching a logical conclusion; the eating is the realization God, whatever it is, is not Omni-anything. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. - Wizzard of Oz.

Speculation is the operative word here. I discharge his & replace it with my own.

Consider the metaphor for tree which refers to a decision tree as in graph theory; the fruit thereof is reaching a logical conclusion; the eating is the realization God, whatever it is, is not Omni-anything. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. - Wizzard of Oz.

In a sense this theory was also put forth in "Food of the Gods." The realization of god was what we now call the ego and the fruit was evolution of conciousness which Terence has stated was catalysed by, I'll cut to the chase here, psilocybin berring mushrooms.

The tree of knowledge, in biblical terms, was the knowledge of what is useful aka street smarts. The knowledge to decieve, if you will, basicly to get a group of pathetic/respectable people to believe/do/follow/spread what ever YOU say. In other words to control people. In animal terms, to survive in a laungage driven world. I'd like to stick with that definition, or maybe it's a redefinition. Regardless it's better fitting with the times. Our time being more or less a mental game, given I don't remember literally running from a pack of hungry wolves in the past week, month, or even a year. But, that might just be me.

Too much explaining,

anti-DCL

thats interesting, can you recall in what context it is discussed?

consider:

According to Judeo-Christian tradition, the mysterious substance which was provided miraculously by God to the Hebrews during their forty years in the desert descended by night like hoarfrost in the form of coriander seed of the color of bdellium (Book of Numbers xi. 7). It was collected before sunrise, before it melted in the sun. The people ground it, or pounded it, and then baked it (Num. xi. 8).

sounds like a mushie to me. :lightning