Science Forums

Law of Body in Motion

Guadalupe

Potential Energy & Kinetic Energy  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Potential Energy & Kinetic Energy

• True, I agree.
    • False, I disagree.

After years of research, I came upon a great discovery. I call my discovery, “Law of Body in Motion”.

Law of Body in Motion states:

1. A body at rest or a body that is put into motion, by an external force, remains as constant Potential Energy.

2. A body that is put into motion, by its own internal force, remains as constant Kinetic Energy.

:hihi:

Hi! Tormod. :)

guadalupe, why do you keep calling these things "laws"?

And how can a body be "put" into motion by it's own internal force?

The Basic Question: What is it to be a Law? :D

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/laws-of-nature/#1

Occam’s Razor: The simplest answer is usually the correct answer. :)

Internal Force means energy from within and External Force means energy from the outside. :D

:eek2:

:)

ARGHH!!!!!!!111 You have misinterpereted Occam's Razor just like a lot of other people. I actualy have witnessed the same misinterpretation of this philsophy in Numb3rs(this tv show).

Occams Razor states that you shouldnt take more assumptions then necesary,

e.g: you can ignore the value of pi when trying to measure the RELATIVE sizes of circles.

It doesnt mean that the least complicated law is correct :eek2:

ARGHH!!!!!!!111 You have misinterpereted Occam's Razor just like a lot of other people. I actualy have witnessed the same misinterpretation of this philsophy in Numb3rs(this tv show).

Occams Razor states that you shouldnt take more assumptions then necesary,

e.g: you can ignore the value of pi when trying to measure the RELATIVE sizes of circles.

It doesnt mean that the least complicated law is correct :eek2:

You know Kamil, one may overlook a lot of important information when setting too close to the movie screen. My I suggest stepping away from the screen, so that you may be able to see the whole picture. :D

You know Kamil, one may overlook a lot of important information when setting too close to the movie screen. My I suggest stepping away from the screen, so that you may be able to see the whole picture. :)

:eek2:

So what, I give one example of how Occam's Razor is misinterprepeted and im suddenly a tv maniac whose perception of everything is limited by what he watches on TV.

http://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/OCCAMRAZ.html this explains Occam's Razor and it shows that Occams Razor states: 'one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything'

This says nothing about the least complicated law bieng the correct one.

How dare you say that I am limited by what I watch on TV. If there's anyone thats overlooking important information, its you as far as phyiscs is concerned!!!

You know Kamil, one may overlook a lot of important information when setting too close to the movie screen. My I suggest stepping away from the screen, so that you may be able to see the whole picture. :eek2:

Guadalupe, this is unwarranted slandering against Kamil who pointed out your error in interpreting Ockham's razor.

:) Hi! Kamil :)

Guadalupe, can i just ask you how did you come up with this law? and how do you come up with your previous laws, do you use intuition, pure logic or what?

"My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and my talents, and I lay them both at his feet." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

:) Hi! Kamil :)

Guadalupe, can i just ask you how did you come up with this law? and how do you come up with your previous laws, do you use intuition, pure logic or what?

"My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and my talents, and I lay them both at his feet." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

• 4 weeks later...

:cup:

werent you telling kamil that what he sees on tv isnt showing him the whole picture...to step back... well... i saw the same interpretation of ockams razor on the simpsons recently... peculiar isnt it? :shrug: :lol: :phones:

wot u say?

werent you telling kamil that what he sees on tv isnt showing him the whole picture...to step back... well... i saw the same interpretation of ockams razor on the simpsons recently... peculiar isnt it? :shrug: :lol: :phones:

wot u say?

HAHAHAHAHAAHA:lol: :cup: :) :lol: ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! arkain101 :pirate:

Motion, forces and energy are actually a pretty complex subject. I spend quite a bit of time pondering it. I am refering to how matter has mass, how mass is made and what of.

Btw, can you better explain your laws?

Law of Body in Motion states:

1. A body at rest or a body that is put into motion, by an external force, remains as constant Potential Energy.

2. A body that is put into motion, by its own internal force, remains as constant Kinetic Energy.

Example: In a game of Baseball, the Pitcher is holding in one hand a baseball. The Pitcher is Kinetic Energy and the ball is Potential Energy. The Pitcher applies energy from within himself, in order to put the ball into motion, the Pitcher, remains as constant Kinetic Energy and the ball in motion, remains as constant Potential Energy.

The reason why the ball in motion is in constant Potential Energy is because the ball did not apply energy from within itself in order to put itself into motion.

If the ball (Potential Energy), were to have put itself into motion, by its own internal force, then, the ball in motion would be (Kinetic Energy).

Sorry, I have not researched how matter has mass, how mass is made and what of. But, I do hope my Law of Body in Motion and the example help better understand what is Kinetic & Potential Energy and what is not.

:thumbs_up