Science Forums

Look at how many Nukes America has!!!

Solve et Coagula

it's really quite ridiculous how many nukes their are out there.

I mean... isn't it overkill.... when you've got enough nukes to blow up the earth a couple hundred times over?

I mean, I can understand wanting to have a couple nukes for protection.

But I think it's so stupid when countries silently compete by trying to biuld more nukes than other countrys.

Now look where we are.

if anyone decides to nuke a country that has nukes ready to fire....

that country is gonna fire nukes back... and it's gonna snowball until we have all these damn nukes in the air.... and then we'll realize last minute that we screwed up big time.

And we're all gonna just freak out until all of those nukes land and destroy us all.

ugh.

So messed up.

Why are we so stupid?:hihi:

His propaganda's not even right. In 2002 Presidents Bush and Putin signed the Strategic Offensive Reductions Treaty that commits them both to reduce their current arsenals of strategic nuclear warheads from around 6000 each down to between 1700 and 2200 each by 2012. No one currently has the 150,000 weapons that Solve's propaganda claims. That's why this unsupported claim got moved to Strange Claims.

it stated there is the equivelent to 150,000 hiroshima sized potential explosions.

There are nuclear weapons so much larger in power now than was displayed in Japan.

Not only are the bombs alot larger, but they have discovered that detonating the bombs nearly a mile in the air will actually cause increadibly amounts more damage and even near a mile in the air, the nuke can still blow a crator in the ground and melt all the matter on the ground. When nuke is set off on the ground its main force goes up.. in the air however, obviously nearly half goes strait down like a sun sitting in our sky for real and the shockwave is godly intense using it in this manner.

The point is, if there ever happened to be nuclear exchange between countries, they could detonate them high above where you cant really defend them, fry im assumeing 99.99% of the the life on the surface.

Then the radiation would last for however long that lasts, which is too long.

Another thing is that missile technology is getting so good that a rouge missile could be launched from who knows where, fly at ground level under the radar for thousands of miles then pull up above the target and do its dasterdly deed. Now who knows who shot it? it could of been anyone, and then what if another ones comes? who knows who is shooting who..

It is the doom of mankind and life on this planet, at least for us surface creatures. We need some kind of miracle to get us all as a whole past this horrible potential problem.

The weird thing is, war seems like a game when comparing nuclear warfare.. It is somehow come to a time where we have the ability to eliminate a country in minutes, and it scares us all so much, yet it seems totally practicle to have numbers and numbers killed over a longer period of time. I feel like shoot em up and close combat warfare has turned into some kind of game compared to now possible total anihalation.

I guess the saying "There is nothing to fear but fear itself" was destined for times like these.

well, I hope that was sarcasm.

Stupid humans.... setting themselves up for doom!

something as simple as miscommunication can set it all off, too!

humans make mistakes all the time. no one is equipped to handle these weapons. It's scary ****... whatever happened to sticks and stones! evolution is cool... but gosh, I hope we evolve out of war before we use these nukes.

Neither of the sides with an accumulation of these weapons wants or intends to use them. The accumulation numbers are the results of a decades old arms race. Both sides are working to reduce the quantity of these weapons but it cannot happen overnight. They also cannot be discarded completely since they are needed for deterrent effects towards nations that are attempting to enter the arms race. It is not these nations with mass accumulations you should fear but new groups with the desire to acquire such weapons because they want to use them.