Science Forums

Lets Build a Self sustaining environment

Kizzi

I didn't know where to post this so I stuck it here.

The mir space station was a self sustaining 'capsule' wasn't it?

With the state of the world and me's thinking the human race will not survive for too long, wouldn't it be a good idea if the Americans built a self sustaining 'capsule', somewhere hidden in America, permanently filled with enough humans/animals/plants, to repopulate the 'empty' planet after 'world war III'?

KiZzi :Waldo:

The mir space station was a self sustaining 'capsule' wasn't it?

No... materials were still brought up from Earth. This is why there was such a stir when they decomissioned the shuttle. Couldn't get supplies up there.

However, I agree. Let's build a self-sustaining environment. Maybe we can start here with Earth. :Waldo:

With the state of the world and me's thinking the human race will not survive for too long, wouldn't it be a good idea if the Americans built a self sustaining 'capsule', somewhere hidden in America, permanently filled with enough humans/animals/plants, to repopulate the 'empty' planet after 'world war III'?

KiZzi :Waldo:

___Why not in Emerald Ireland, a root of the world? Earth is a Self-sustaining environment. We may or may not kill it, & we may or may not know it; before we create an extraterestrial environment we ought to know how and practice not to kill the terestrial one.:confused: