Science Forums

Our Dangerous Planet

Guest jamongo

Guest jamongo

I was reading a bit about our planet Earth. We humans may very well feel quite safe on our little planet,and it is good that we do as there is no need to go through life worrying about "what might happen".

But, I am curious as to how the forum members rate the natural dangers of the earth. I am referring to the possibilty of being struck by a huge meteor, (like the Manson impact), Yellowstone National Park volcano erupting, earthquakes, tsunamies, ozone layer going "bye bye, etc.

What's your greatest fear along these lines?

Just for starters, I think the explosion of Yellowstone ranks at the top of my "tremble" list. Probably because this would mean the possible end of the North American continent.:rainbow:

Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

global warming is a good one.

but I've always been scared of stuff that might be indescribable. What if there is a weird shift in lets say- dimensions... and somehow it affects us all in a negative way. until I know how everything works right down to the smallest little mechanics of existance- I will always fear the unknown- weird natural disasters that we may not be able to phathom in this state of being. Who knows? life is strange.

The universe is big.... there are seemingly ENDLESS possiblities.