Science Forums

Look - A Left Winger for me to hate.

TheFaithfulStone

What an idiot.

NASA critic Karl Grossman, author of "The Wrong Stuff: The Space Program's Nuclear Threat to Our Planet," said he doesn't agree with NASA's interpretation of the risks.

"Is NASA again crossing its fingers and hoping?" he asked. "If it's 2 percent or it's 6 percent or if it's 20 percent or if it's 100 percent, when you're talking about plutonium, you're talking about the most toxic radioactive substance known."

Yeah, okay buddy. There is a difference between taking some risks for scientifict, cultural, and spiritual (I think) benefits and taking risks for a couple of lousy bucks.

What a fool. I wonder what his real agenda is? The grand total of other toxic crap we spew into the air in a SECOND for no reason other than we are too lazy to clean it up is more harmful than if half a pound of plutonium has a one-in-a-million chance of landing somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean.

Hey you patchouli-smelling moron, go move off the grid so the rest of us don't have to deal with you. Or at least pick a noble cause for crying out loud.

ARGH.

TFS

[rant over.]

... is more harmful than if half a pound of plutonium has a one-in-a-million chance of landing somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean... Hey you patchouli-smelling moron...

:naughty: :eek_big: Serious flame, dude. Awesome. I'm sure he deserved it, but I had no idea you could throw fireballs from your fingertips without a Level 36 Mage License.

The world is full of dear folks who cannot handle complexity above a Level 2 Turnip Digger License. All they see is the word "Plutonium", and they think A-bombs, radioactive armageddon, and smallpox. Yeah, I know, smallpox has nothing to do with Plutonium, but they don't know that. Which part of the phrase "risk analysis" do they not understand? Neither one.

But everyone has to have a "cause" to make their lives meaningful. Everyone has to believe in something. I believe I'll have another Jameson's over ice. Carry on, dude. :confused: