Science Forums

The Bible

Abstruce

So, are you implying a real work of true history wouldn't contain obscenities or atrocities? o.O

Not at all, What I am saying is that the Bible is a work of Insanity to put it bluntly and I do not consider it suitable for any Children ever.:lol:

I do not see how the past tradition of lying to our children has any benefit to them at all.:lol:

Lie's include but not limited to: (Jesus, God, Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, Devil, Angels, Fairies, Bogie Man, Tooth Fairies) Just to name a few.:lol:

Lie's include but not limited to: (Jesus, God, Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, Devil, Angels, Fairies, Bogie Man, Tooth Fairies) Just to name a few.:lol:
Hey, watch it pal. There are those of us around here who worship Santa and the Easter/Passover Bunny, and I've dated Bogie men and they're kinda fun (Boogie men--both the dancing and lurking kind--are a whole different story though). You should note there's a fine line of tolerance on this forum between expounding opinions/beliefs and denegration thereof. Be careful not to cross it.

Paganistically,

Buffy

Jah would be proud. (Lev 19:11) Keep up the good work.

Because we make mistakes in the past, repeating them is not of sound mind.

This needs to be changed and I have considered spearheading a plan to do just that.:lol:

Change is hard for most when it comes to their faith, however if a new faith based more on reality were created it would possibly revolutionize the world and bring a great deal of people out of the dark ages.

I will then write a new BIBLE and I will call it the testament according to reality.

No it will not include a big guy in the sky and a red dude under the ground who will spank you if you are bad.

It will instruct whosoever seeks a god or creator to simply look into a mirror.

It will teach meditation instead of prayer.

It will teach Science as we understand it at today's level.

It will teach morals.

It will teach the history of other Religions and the reason for their existence.

It will state that any portion of the testament can be edited as needed for change thus creating a dynamic faith and not some old stagnate rag.

Last but not least we shall set up holidays to celebrate the existence of the Earth and we will call it Earth Day.

We will have a celebration day for friendship of others whereby we are required to create new friendships and celebrate those newly made friendships with gifts.

We will have a national holiday to celebrate Family and to share our love for our families.

Just to name a few.

Everything will be based on the truth and reality. Now how hard could that be.:P

We will also teach that people who here voices in their heads should not be followed they should receive immediate medical attention.:P

I will call my new Religion the "Faith in Reality" church.

Hey, watch it pal. There are those of us around here who worship Santa and the Easter/Passover Bunny, and I've dated Bogie men and they're kinda fun (Boogie men--both the dancing and lurking kind--are a whole different story though). You should note there's a fine line of tolerance on this forum between expounding opinions/beliefs and denegration thereof. Be careful not to cross it.

Paganistically,

Buffy

Hey Buffy, its ok change is not easy to accept.

Some still ride horses and shun electricity because it is against their beliefs.

Are you Omish by chance? O of course not, you would not have a computer.:lol:

We should treat the Bible like we do Cigarettes.

Maybe we should treat individuals like we do cigarettes.

Warning: This person holds personal beliefs that devalue all who disagree with him. He wishes to have you reprogrammed to fit his view of the world. If you do not comply with the programming you are a worthless mindless idiot. There is no room for tolerance or common ground. He will expose childhood traditions based upon imagination that you engage in with your children as fraud.

Would that do? Who would wear that label?

As for labeling the Bible, think of the good company you would be in by desecrating the beliefs of others by making them put a disclaimer on their sacred writings. Write your Bible. Let its truth be self evident. Let people decide.

Bill

Maybe we should treat individuals like we do cigarettes.

Warning: This person holds personal beliefs that devalue all who disagree with him. He wishes to have you reprogrammed to fit his view of the world. If you do not comply with the programming you are a worthless mindless idiot. There is no room for tolerance or common ground. He will expose childhood traditions based upon imagination that you engage in with your children as fraud.

Would that do? Who would wear that label?

As for labeling the Bible, think of the good company you would be in by desecrating the beliefs of others by making them put a disclaimer on their sacred writings. Write your Bible. Let its truth be self evident. Let people decide.

Bill

Thanks Bill I have already started writing my Bible.

Yes I would where that label because the Truth and Reality are paramount.

...Everything will be based on the truth and reality. Now how hard could that be....
We don't usually deal with reality. We deal with our interpretation of data, which we characterize are reality. The interpretation changes quite dramatically over time, even if the facts don't.

Ergo, it will be extremely difficult to base "everything" on "truth and reality." There are a lot of smart, informed, open minded folks on this site that disagree quite strongly over the interpretation of the same facts.

This is pretty much why the foudners launched this forum. There may well be a single reality. But there certainly are lots of different views of it.

Hey Buffy, its ok change is not easy to accept.

Some still ride horses and shun electricity because it is against their beliefs.

Are you Omish by chance? O of course not, you would not have a computer.B)

That's spelled; Amish Abstruce, just thought you'd like to know, seeing as how Truth and Reality are so paramount to your understanding........................Infy

• 5 weeks later...
So, are you implying a real work of true history wouldn't contain obscenities or atrocities? o.O

He did not mention "true histories", therefore no implication can be made concerning his opinions of them.

I can say all I want about cheddar cheese. One would be irrational to conclude that I am making implications about Swiss cheese.

Because we make mistakes in the past, repeating them is not of sound mind. This needs to be changed and I have considered spearheading a plan to do just that.:eek2: ...I will call my new Religion the "Faith in Reality" church.

Personally, I think this is a fine idea.

But I may have some bad news for you.

It has already been done.

We call it the Unitarian Universalist Church.

There may be one in your neighborhood.

Long live the Unitarian Jihad!

• 2 months later...
Personally, I think this is a fine idea.

But I may have some bad news for you.

It has already been done.

We call it the Unitarian Universalist Church.

There may be one in your neighborhood.

Long live the Unitarian Jihad!

From what I understand, the Church of Unity and yes there is one near me, they have good intentions yet they still avoid the truth.

The truth I am talking about is that no God's or Devils exist and that is the universal truth, people find so hard to accept.

JQ

From what I understand, the Church of Unity and yes there is one near me, they have good intentions yet they still avoid the truth.

The truth I am talking about is that no God's or Devils exist and that is the universal truth, people find so hard to accept.

JQ

That's because you have yet to furnish the proof, my man.

JQ

Why do people need to justify their beliefs and practices to you? How do you stand as the sole judge of truth for all? What is your church's position on the government coverup about area 51?

Bill

...the Church of Unity...

Different organization entirely. No relationship at all.

I was speaking of the Unitarian Universalist Church.

The reason I brought them up is that they have NO

set of beliefs that you must accept to be a member.

They even have members who are Pagan, agnostic, Buddhist, whatever.

The core teachings are not "beliefs" but principals. Self reliance, morality & ethics, spiritual enlightenment, diversity, tolerance, etc.