Science Forums

The Bible

Abstruce

Because we make mistakes in the past, repeating them is not of sound mind.

This needs to be changed and I have considered spearheading a plan to do just that.:cup:

Change is hard for most when it comes to their faith, however if a new faith based more on reality were created it would possibly revolutionize the world and bring a great deal of people out of the dark ages.

I will then write a new BIBLE and I will call it the testament according to reality.

No it will not include a big guy in the sky and a red dude under the ground who will spank you if you are bad.

It will instruct whosoever seeks a god or creator to simply look into a mirror.

It will teach meditation instead of prayer.

It will teach Science as we understand it at today's level.

It will teach morals.

It will teach the history of other Religions and the reason for their existence.

It will state that any portion of the testament can be edited as needed for change thus creating a dynamic faith and not some old stagnate rag.

Last but not least we shall set up holidays to celebrate the existence of the Earth and we will call it Earth Day.

We will have a celebration day for friendship of others whereby we are required to create new friendships and celebrate those newly made friendships with gifts.

We will have a national holiday to celebrate Family and to share our love for our families.

Just to name a few.

Everything will be based on the truth and reality. Now how hard could that be.:phones:

We will also teach that people who here voices in their heads should not be followed they should receive immediate medical attention.:eek:

I will call my new Religion the "Faith in Reality" church.

So you're saying that you want everybody to look in the mirror and think that they are god??

Teaching morals? Isn't that what most religions try to do anyways? Everybody has different morals, and some morals are hard to decide. (like abortion, euthanasia, the death penalty)

We already have earth day (maybe not in the states, but in Canada we do)

Family day? what, like mothers day and fathers day?

Yeah, you have the right to make your bible, but your perception of reality is just that. People have the right to have theirs too. If I started criticizing everybody here for not believing in god or whatever then you would all be so mad and say that religion is my own belief, I don't need to preach. Then why do you get to?