Science Forums

Human Behavior

Tarantism

Humans are so weird. at the same time i find them stupid and even clumsy...not to say that i am not these things, but i have taken serious thought over the last three months and taken time to observe different people, or at least the things that they do, jus tto see how they react to different things.

i have found that the majority of society is jsut plain dumb- oblivious to the uselessness of their own existance. also, i have noticed that we tend to set an unreachable goal- perfection- throughout our entire lives. nobody ever actually achives this- but everyone continues to try unto their dying day.

and then there is this useless obsession that we all have with power and influence. everyone always wants to be the best at something...and nobody is content with where they are. i think that this causes us to lose some valuable lessons along the roads of life. we dont HAVE to be better than anyone, as long as we are content with ourselves.

while observing the way that some of my friends act, i noticed something disturbing. manipulation. i have two friends that i know are aware of the power struggles within our own small group, and they see it totally different than me. one of them sees it from a seemingly objective point of view. from my discussions of manipulation with him i have concluded that he simpl knows what is going on, and he knows that there is control going on...i mean we see manipulation pretty much every hour of every day, jsut nobody ever really notices.

anyways this brings me to my second friend. from what i can see he is a master at getting what he wants through manipulation, and at times it is very clear to me that he knows what he is doing. he has all of us on a short leash...everyone loves him and his house, but i am starting to think that it is only becuase they are under some false perception that they hold the same importance to him that he holds to tem- a bit of a psychadellic guru to a bunch of silly stoners that dont know any better.

this is not an attack. infact, i applaud him for being able to do what he does every day. i couldnt.

he had me under control for a time. a long time. i had money and now it is clear that he took advantage of my willingness to share and my unselfish attitude (which i hold very close to my heart- do unto others and such) and i gave and forgave. until, eventually i wised up. you see, i just wanted friends- for a while i didnt have many- and so here i am thinking that its my company or my intellect, when it is infact my posession of the magical herb that keeps me useful.

i hope this gets rid of this falsehood that control is anyone but mine. i dont need anyone...i choose to be around people that share the same intrests as me and therefore i love my friends, but i dont use or need them.:xparty:

oops, a bit of a prolonged tangent there, sorry.

my point is that humans had better wise up soon, before we end up destroying ourselves. everone takes everything so seriously, when infact its not. everyone fears their own god when infact there is no need. the only thing that anyone actually worships is money and power, and that is all that we want. its silly, im not doing that anymore.

have a good day.:lol:

this is not an attack. infact, i applaud him for being able to do what he does every day. i couldnt.

i don't think this should be applauded at all.:xparty:

not even by him. you were used selfishly in a shameless game that i feel is the epitome of human greed.

these traits in the human interaction disturb me, because the taking advantage of members of our own species is only going to lead to additional problems at the expense of the honest.

**** that :lol:

be cool to EVERYONE. just take it easy. love thy neighbor, no more greed man. it's tearing society apart, and the ugly gaps are being filled with advertisements like, "are you depressed? ask your doctor if prozac is right for you. . . "

damn humans, wise up:doh:

haha, loren i have thought about that since you told me yesterday, and you are infact correct. in retrospect i applaud nothing, i think that the only reason i even said that was to make it perfectly clear that i hold no grudges, nor do i wish to lose any friends. i am not suprised that he has not commented on my observation, by the way, silence allows him to dwontrod this later, in his own way i am sure. what a piece of work, man.

"does your head hurt? any aches? pains? breathing at all? you may be depressed...try prozac!"

oh man, i may be depressed! hehehehe.

• 2 weeks later...

no the second example was loren, i have talked to him for much longer on these subjects, and your knowlege of these things has only recently become apparent to me, though i realize now that i probably should have approached you sooner about these things! silly me, not know wheather people understand things and not bothering to actually approach them and just find out. oh well, yeh i feel the same way about it now, im really not even noticing anymore, or caring. i am simply doing my thing, and that is all that i need to do for now.