Science Forums

Planters warts

ok, so, I recently got a couple planters warts on the bottom of my feet... And I've talked to a few of my direct family members about it... and I know there is no cure... and that they will stay with me for the rest of my life. I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do to make them less annoying. Can anyone help me?

ok, so, I recently got a couple planters warts on the bottom of my feet... And I've talked to a few of my direct family members about it... and I know there is no cure... and that they will stay with me for the rest of my life. I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do to make them less annoying. Can anyone help me?

___You are not stuck with them the rest of your life as you say. As Gahd said, a doctor can freeze them off/out. In the US there is an over-the-counter remedy called "Compund W" for treating warts. It does work, but you must daily reapply it & continue the treatment for weeks or months.

___Warts come & go. Some people never have a wart in their life; some have them only in childhood; some people have just one & others get many. You may try calling a podiatrist & ask if they have a explanatory brochure on the subject. If you have discomfort, try using those adhesive thick pads with cutouts on the warts (sometimes sold under the name "Moleskin".

Here's a Hyper Link to get you started on the road to recovery:

http://www.podiatrychannel.com/plantarwarts/

:cup:

Go to a dermatologist, dude. There are plenty of ways to cure planters' warts. If you do want to do it yourself, compound W will work, but it takes foooorever and requires daily diligence. I recommend paying for the Derm office visit; they'll be gone in a week (mine was), depending on the treatment.

Hey Drip Curl, My aunty once had a bad case of planters warts so she went and got them surgically removed, but an easier solution is to buy some Planter Wart removal system by i think it's Dr. Scholl's.

Feel free to comment back man!:cup:

Ahh, ok, so, there is a cure, I guess. My grandmother, who is a nurse, said there is no real "cure" and that they'd stay with me for the rest of my life... But maybe she was refering to the actual virus(is it a virus? I know it's something that never leaves your body).

I'll definately look into some of that freeze off stuff. For some reason I was pretty sure that there was no permanent cure. But, now I feel a bit better about these nasty little buggers.

Thank you, guys.:eek2:

yes, warts are a virus, and after you get rid of a wart or several warts, it is possible that more will grow somewhere else.

i've dealt with warts my whole life, and getting them frozen with liquid nitrogen works great, although it stings like hell for a few minutes.

small price to get rid of those bastard warts!

• 1 month later...

DCM, when I was a kid I had 7 warts on one hand and 2 on the other. Had them for years. Froze them off my sophmore year of HS, but they grew right back. Then when I was 22 I read a Dear Abbey column about home remedies for warts. Everything from peanut butter, to jam, to crisco, to grandma kisses... it suddenly dawned on me that every one of these successful remedies was nothing but a placebo. If you irritated the wart enough, and projected the negative energy at the warts, they would go away. So I became very negative to the warts and began to habitually irritate them and let them know that they were not welcome. Within two months they all fell off and never came back.

Jump ahead 14 years. My #3 son has 3 warts on his hand. He goes through several rounds of wart creams and stuff, but no luck, because they scared the kid and he didn't believe they wourld work. So I sat down with Lumpy and told him about how I got rid of my warts. That any way he wanted to get rid of them would work, as long as he believed it, and was the boss of the warts. So he chewed them off like a beaver on a tree trunk - and they never came back. I have never been so proud.

Bill

haha, that's coicidental, big dog.

I recently got rid of 1 of the warts on my feet by cutting it out a couple times.

Both times that I did so, I was very angry at the wart... so i cut a little deeper than I should have... seems to have worked like a charm, though.

No more wart on my right foot.

Now I'm going through the same process with my left foot.

Hopefully it doesn't grow back... it's not a pleasant feeling trying cut a gross, partially infected wart out of the bottom of your foot.:hihi: