Science Forums

The jet propulsion with closed combustion type

qumf

One way to lose the blower or compressor is to make the oxygen available by being part of the fuel blend. For example alcohol and hydrogen peroxide will burn in the absense of air. But this changes jet design into rocket design. It also requires carrying extra oxygen doner material, which may or may not add up to the weight advantage gained by the loss of the blower/compression.

The target I adopt the blower/compressor has two: 1. to get oxygen from air. 2. to get certain high pressure gas before combustion, that's good for efficiency. You seemed to just mention one aspect.

If the material for combustion are stored in high pressure. It is possible to mix them into a certain high pressure gas before combustion. that may be not complicated. so the portion is light.

To consider from another respect, even though the new type jet engine is heavier than the current jet, but its efficiency is higher than the current one’s. The extra weight definitely is much less the weight of fuel that the new jet saves.

• 2 weeks later...

When the burnt gases enter the turbine, keep their speed and pressure stable is important. It’s good for efficiency and bearing load. It also can be realized. The initial condition just after combustion is same. By the effect of branch pipe there is a short time in which the gas from a pair of chamber have comparatively steady pressure and speed. Base on the feature, several pairs of chambers spout gas alternately and cooperate, we also can add a space as buffer and to regulate gas before turbine, when the gas encounters the turbine, the conditions is relatively steady.

On another side, the turbine can work if the gas before turbine is roughly steady in time/roughly even in space. After several stages of the turbine, the gas can become stable at last.

Here we can see the function of branch pipes:

1. As buffer while the gas rush out off the chambers, to reduce the fluctuation.

2. Just by itself it easy to flow while the pressure in chambers isn’t high.

3. Without the branch pipes, when a branch pipe spouts gas, the current will influence the sweeping gas from the branch pipe nearby. Installing the branch pipes; the course will help each other.

We also can install the branch pipe to front doors of chambers to reduce fluctuation of incoming gas.

• 4 weeks later...

The figure shows the gas pressure under different courses (in different position), it is rough, the exact details will is rather complicated. There might be a little mistake. Pay attention, the figure just shows main portion of the flow. The figures of temperature and gas velocity are more complicated, I may provide if necessary.

pay attention, there is a red horizontal line inside the figure, it shows that the pressure at two positions have some relation, though it isn't precise in the figure.Against the relation the engine can't work orderly.

post-2626-128210095329_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I changed illustration about the structure of the engins. mainly I chang the shape of chambers to round. Thus it is good to bear load, especially varied load.I also add the short branch pipes before the front doors of chambers. pls compare it with the provious if you have interest. the previous is in page 3 #25.

post-2626-128210095345_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Under some condition, when the pressure after compression is pretty high, reducing the pressure by combustion in some extent, the efficiency reduce a little, meanwhile the temperature before turbine reduce much, I state a example:

Set the temperature of outside air: 300K, k=1.4, set the pressure after compression/before compression α=7, the pressure after combustion/before combustion β=7.5, thus the temperature turbine 2206K, efficiency:η=60.2%; k=1.4, α=7, β=7, the temperature turbine 2100K, η=59.6%; k=1.4, α=7, β=6.5, the temperature turbine 1992K, η=58.9%; k=1.4, α=7, β=6, the temperature turbine1881K, η=58.2%; I change β by change in the volume proportion of fresh gas in each time or change of the concentration of fuel a little. In this example, η is reduced by 3%, the temperature before turbine decrease 400K.

The method also is used to calculate the temperature of each course.

This example just remind that these is a phenomenon. The datas to some parameters may not precise, actually they change in normal and very high temperature.Here I assume them unvaried. after all it is a good reference for you.

post-2626-128210095383_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

When I firstly proposed the idea in my patent(That patent has been out of valid time), I didn’t use the blower or compressor in my engine. Now I prefer to adopt the blower/compressor in engine before combustion after I think it over. It really has a lot of advantages.

1. Without the blower/compressor the engine may have difficulty to be started or on work in slow speed because it may not get enough air.

2. Increasing pressure of air before combustion can increase efficiency considerably.

3. Without compression before combustion, the size of chamber will be much bigger; sometimes the mixture isn’t easily to be ignited.

4. Adopt compression before combustion, the engine easily to keep orderly work under a little variable situation. For this point I can’t demonstrate so far.

5. If feasible we can add fuel in into air gradually to form mixture at the position of some portion of blower/compressor, maybe blades, or install addtional components.

6. If increasing the pressure extremly high before combustion, the mixture gas might be ignited by itself.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to summarize the advantage of the new type engine and the causes.

The advantage is: higher efficiency than current engine.

I try to explain the causes in popular language: 1. Beside the common method to increasing the pressure (by blower/compressor), the new type engine uses another method to increase the gas pressure further (by the closed combustion). The gas has higher pressure before it works, it will has higher efficiency (according to thermodynamics).

2. The efficiency of blower/compressor isn’t high, especially in very high-pressure stage. but the compressor will spend a lot of energy from burnt gas in current turbo-engine. (about 2/3). At this aspect the new type engine also has higher efficiency comparatively.

How to demonstate the advantage in detail: pls see the reply#59 in page6 about the analyse of working circle by theory;reply#226 in page23;reply#235 in page 24; ther are also some other replies to explain why the increase rate only by combustion has the such times that listed in the examples.

• 3 months later...

I try to explain why the new type engine has more efficiency from another direction, compared with current jet engine, the new engine uses up the same amount mechanical work and chemical energy but gets higher-pressure gas, the gas can make more work if its pressure is higher. So the new type engine has more efficiency.

I can conclude that the new engine can get higher-pressure gas because the gas pressure can increase further by the closed combustion course besides by the compressor that also is used in current jet engine.

• 6 months later...

besides using compressor to increasing gas pressure, I adopt closed combustion type to increase pressure, but the new way has its limit: the times of increasing pressure is limited, about 5 -11 in common case; the pressure before ignition can’t be too high if it is in current design, otherwise the temperature of gas will be too high, the combination gas will ignite itself easily. it is not safe under some case.

The factor restricts the pressure before pressure. so it limit the efficiency.

• 3 months later...

Since the new type jet engine has the limit: the pressure before combustion can not be very high, otherwise the mixture gas may burn by itself. i try to avoid or reduce the limit.

recently i have a idea. we can set the branch pipes before chambers, ther are a pairs or two pairs of the branch pipes that are correspoinding to the chambers while the gas enter them. the branch pipes rotate with the front door, it won't cost much energy.

Thus the gas before chambers always flows in high speed, almost no stop gas. gas is hard to burn. even though it will, it has enter the chambers when it burn.

• 4 months later...

if the brach pipes (or relative space) rotate with the work process, the brach pipes and front doors of chambers are connected together. the internal spece of the front door become much large than before.we can utilise the space install some devices to cool front door, seperate the heat from gas by another air, is good for seal and so on.

temporary i don't update the instruture picture.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 years later...