Science Forums

The Original Bible, The Greek Bible Full Text

Vmedvil

This is a link to the original bible the Greek bible. It has some interesting insights that the English translation does not have as the English bible has been translated over the last 2000 years by different groups. This version of the bible can be directly translated using google translate for a more accurate version of what the original bible actually said. I already found some interesting translation differences in the book of revelations as I translated it with google translate maybe this will help your bible studies for those of you that are religious giving you a more accurate understanding of the bible.

Link = Greek Bible

On 8/26/2023 at 6:34 AM, Vmedvil said:

This is a link to the original bible the Greek bible. It has some interesting insights that the English translation does not have as the English bible has been translated over the last 2000 years by different groups. This version of the bible can be directly translated using google translate for a more accurate version of what the original bible actually said. I already found some interesting translation differences in the book of revelations as I translated it with google translate maybe this will help your bible studies for those of you that are religious giving you a more accurate understanding of the bible.

Link = Greek Bible

According to the Encyclopaedia Britannica, the original Bible was written in Hebrew. Its Greek translation, the Septuagint, made it accessible in the Hellenistic period (c. 300 BCE–c. 300 CE) and provided a language for the New Testament.

What you are calling the original Bible is only the New Testament, which was originally written in Greek.

However, the New Testament autographa, the manuscripts written by the original authors, are unavailable, but manuscripts have been discovered that are dated as early as the 2nd century A.D.

The source text for the Bible you linked to is: Novum Testamentum Graece, Nestle-Aland 26th edition © 1979, Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft, Stuttgart; and

The Greek New Testament, 3rd edition © 1975, United Bible Societies, London.

Certainly nothing “original”.

Does anyone who has ever used Google translate really believe it returns an accurate translation of anything?

If anyone is interested in a nice user-friendly English translation of the Septuagint, you can find it here.

10 hours ago, Vmedvil said:

I don't necessarily believe in the bible but there are some that do. It is probably a fairy tale however still here is the original fairy tale if it is.

No actually, much of the bible is nothing but plagiarization of previous stories of other gods and societies that predated the Israelites, some by thousands of years.