Science Forums

Rocket Science for Fun

Pyrotex

There!!!! Okay, we have a sort-of tradition around the office of giving back-handed complements. A programmer gives me some code and it works first time, I might refer to it as that 'so-called subroutine'. I keep forgetting the rest of the world doesn't work that way.

If I call you anything, it will be politely. :eek: 'Unemployable' in the sense of ???

I was unemployable until the modern computer was invented in the 1960's. I've been in a wheelchair since the age of 5 (polio). But after taking a few computer courses in grad school, I suddenly became employable. Magic.

___Ahhhh...I love word-play. My so-called quatrains evidence that I guess. :evil:

___Unemployable in the sense that I have no job. I have in the past had jobs, even a couple of careers of decades or more. It is not that I can't do any work, but that I don't do it in an "acceptable" job form. At this stage I am caught in a Catch 22 with the authorities' views of 'disability'. I just do the best I can with what I have & I wouldn't mind a little magic myself. Time will tell. :eek: