Science Forums

Lsd-25

Queso

The use of LSD for experimental research, please believe me, was not banned just to indulge an ignorant whim.

-- RH.

Point most definately taken.

I'm interested to see what the bad trip to good trip ratio is.

With as little relevance as it has to the actual point at hand, I'm just curious.

Does anyone have any articles that cover this?

I'm interested to see what the bad trip to good trip ratio is. ........

Does anyone have any articles that cover this?

There are all sorts of articles, but I would worry that this is not really congenial to that sort of research anyway.

In my humble estimation, the danger with LSD is rather to do with personality changes not immediately noticed, nor measurable, but suspected in the long run.

I have no way to absolutley prove that it affected me, because there is never the life that would have been otherwise to compare this one to, just that awfully sneaky feeling of "what if..." that persists indefinitely.

It therefore frightens me; it really does, when people talk of LSD as being relatively safe simply because there is no obvious brain damage or anything else directly attributable. Life is much more complicated than that. How do you assess scientifically the psychological effect of somebody regretfully saying "....you've changed so much; I have never known anybody change so much".

It haunted me for years afterwards, the loss of who I was to that person.

-- RH.

i can also say from personal experience that ego softening is a side effect of LSD use. infact, it is one of the only effects noticable at small doses. of course, you dont realize that you are most sociable or less shy or nicer until AFTER the experience.

but ego loss is an effect of most drugs, not only LSD.

There are all sorts of articles, but I would worry that this is not really congenial to that sort of research anyway.

In my humble estimation, the danger with LSD is rather to do with personality changes not immediately noticed, nor measurable, but suspected in the long run.

I have no way to absolutley prove that it affected me, because there is never the life that would have been otherwise to compare this one to, just that awfully sneaky feeling of "what if..." that persists indefinitely.

It therefore frightens me; it really does, when people talk of LSD as being relatively safe simply because there is no obvious brain damage or anything else directly attributable. Life is much more complicated than that. How do you assess scientifically the psychological effect of somebody regretfully saying "....you've changed so much; I have never known anybody change so much".

It haunted me for years afterwards, the loss of who I was to that person.

-- RH.

mmm, it certainly is much deeper than my original question. The mind is so complex.

I suppose to satisfy my curiosity, I'd have to be asking questions that are better composed.

I, too, feel a deep identity crisis within myself. I was involved with a few other nasty chemicals as well. I'm not gonna get into that.

Even if there isn't any noticable extroversial changes in my behavior, I can feel internal struggles that were exaggerated with drug use.

My encounters with this drug were very recent.

I'm still recovering.

This is a very non scienctific post. Sorry, science community. I'm having a really emotional night.