Science Forums

mathematical method

The mathematical procedure that may have the best fit to your question is this: A topology optimization algorithm for magnetic structures based on a hybrid FEM–BEM method utilizing the adjoint approach.

But even this approach cannot calculate the location of each individual steel ball. The best it can do is calculate the geometry of the overall structure of the magnetic field, and even this would be limited to a small number of steel balls in the field.

In brief, I believe the problem that you posed; the way you expressed it, is unsolvable.

• 2 months later...
On 4/14/2023 at 5:49 AM, OceanBreeze said:

The mathematical procedure that may have the best fit to your question is this: A topology optimization algorithm for magnetic structures based on a hybrid FEM–BEM method utilizing the adjoint approach.

But even this approach cannot calculate the location of each individual steel ball. The best it can do is calculate the geometry of the overall structure of the magnetic field, and even this would be limited to a small number of steel balls in the field.

In brief, I believe the problem that you posed; the way you expressed it, is unsolvable.

Thanks for replying, and sorry to hear that unsolvable.

If: we got the magnet size, the steel balls size, steel ball number, we can get a only one result, so I think we can use math to figure it out,