Jump to content
Science Forums

I see the Scienceforums.com is literally up for sale now


Vmedvil5
 Share

Recommended Posts

That is a different domain! We are scienceforums.com and you have posted the domain scienceforum.com is for sale.

Go to sedo.com and search scienceforums.com and you will get this message: scienceforums.com is not for sale right now.

However, if you scroll down you will find that scienceforum.com is for sale. You are getting two different domain names/forums mixed up!

The Title of your thread is: I see the Scienceforums.com is literally up for sale now

That is wrong.

When you post misinformation like that, it deters people from registering, so be more careful with the information you post!

To be clear, This forum is NOT for sale at this time.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 8/17/2022 at 11:56 AM, OceanBreeze said:

That is a different domain! We are scienceforums.com and you have posted the domain scienceforum.com is for sale.

Go to sedo.com and search scienceforums.com and you will get this message: scienceforums.com is not for sale right now.

However, if you scroll down you will find that scienceforum.com is for sale. You are getting two different domain names/forums mixed up!

The Title of your thread is: I see the Scienceforums.com is literally up for sale now

That is wrong.

When you post misinformation like that, it deters people from registering, so be more careful with the information you post!

To be clear, This forum is NOT for sale at this time.

 

 

 

Oh, my bad man I made a mistake in thinking that was this forums, I thought you guys were in for a huge payday.

Edited by Vmedvil5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2022 at 11:56 AM, Vmedvil5 said:

Oh, my bad man I made a mistake in thinking that was this forums, I thought you guys were in for a huge payday.

No worries, Vic. The two domain names are so similar that getting them confused is understandable.

I may have been a bit harsh with my criticism of you, but I hope you can see why. The number of members posting has seen a recent increase, and the last thing we want to see is people being reluctant to post if they think the forum is for sale or it will be shutting down soon.

So, I wanted to make it clear to any and to all, this forum is not up for sale at this time and all posters, new and old are welcome here.

Well, with the exception of the usual trolls and crackpots, that is 😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JeffreysTubes8 said:

Why is it so inactive suddenly?

I mean it’s just been us and maybe one other poster. Maybe without the 006 & Ocean Breeze melodrama we stopped pulling in activity as support? I mean the threads are still getting some views which I guess is keeping the site going?

It isn't just this forum that has its ups and downs. A lot of people these days use more social media sites than these old format discussion forums. I think what is keeping 006 away is that we do not support LaTex, and he likes to post a lot of mathematical equations. I also like to use a lot of math in my posts, so I have not been posting much since we lost the LaTex package. I have been trying to get it back, but there hasn't been much help from the admins. It is unfortunate.

However, there are quite a few old threads still available from the good old days, so there is always hope that we will get some new people interested in reviving some of those oldies, but still interesting threads. If not, we may go the way of the dinosaurs, but it has been a good ride .

I don't recall any big melodrama with 006. Sure, there were a few disagreements but everyone should expect that in a discussion forum. I mainly try to keep the spammers at bay and the crackpot index down but I doubt I will be doing this much longer.

I have finally taken my retirement from NOAA and looking forward to starting either a charter business in the Florida Keys or a bush pilot business in Alaska. My wife will probably have the final say which way I go.

Meanwhile, I will do my best to keep this forum afloat until somebody else steps up.

Good luck with your studies. What subject(s) do you plan to major in? Maybe your studies will provide some material for a few good threads.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, OceanBreeze said:

It isn't just this forum that has its ups and downs. A lot of people these days use more social media sites than these old format discussion forums. I think what is keeping 006 away is that we do not support LaTex, and he likes to post a lot of mathematical equations. I also like to use a lot of math in my posts, so I have not been posting much since we lost the LaTex package. I have been trying to get it back, but there hasn't been much help from the admins. It is unfortunate.

However, there are quite a few old threads still available from the good old days, so there is always hope that we will get some new people interested in reviving some of those oldies, but still interesting threads. If not, we may go the way of the dinosaurs, but it has been a good ride .

I don't recall any big melodrama with 006. Sure, there were a few disagreements but everyone should expect that in a discussion forum. I mainly try to keep the spammers at bay and the crackpot index down but I doubt I will be doing this much longer.

I have finally taken my retirement from NOAA and looking forward to starting either a charter business in the Florida Keys or a bush pilot business in Alaska. My wife will probably have the final say which way I go.

Meanwhile, I will do my best to keep this forum afloat until somebody else steps up.

Good luck with your studies. What subject(s) do you plan to major in? Maybe your studies will provide some material for a few good threads.

 

This is really depressing to hear to those of us, such as myself, who have spent over a decade discussing science here. I actually found it very amusing whenever 006 would get into it with Exchemist. I had amazing and legs inspiring discussions with Gahd and the Mod who was on here between the times of his absence. 

I’m studying Engineering Tech and mechatronics https://www.apsu.edu/programs/undergraduate/engt-tech-mechatronics-engineering-tecnology.php abandoned my cyber security studies and starting from scratch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, JeffreysTubes8 said:

This is really depressing to hear to those of us, such as myself, who have spent over a decade discussing science here. I actually found it very amusing whenever 006 would get into it with Exchemist. I had amazing and legs inspiring discussions with Gahd and the Mod who was on here between the times of his absence. 

I’m studying Engineering Tech and mechatronics https://www.apsu.edu/programs/undergraduate/engt-tech-mechatronics-engineering-tecnology.php abandoned my cyber security studies and starting from scratch.

Ah! Now I understand why I don't remember any melodrama between myself and 006. The fact is, 006 kept confusing me with Exchemist. 006 would attack me for some disagreement he was  having with Exchemist, and I was at a loss to understand what was going on. At one point 006 even accused me and Exchemist of being the same person, which is ridiculous. The fact is, Exchemist and I started out getting along with each other just fine, but when it became clear that I have a conservative political position, Exchemist then started to attack me also. Apparently, he is of a Liberal mindset and hates Trump, so that was the end of our friendship. I always found it strange how the Liberals preach tolerance, yet they do not show any tolerance for conservatives. Thanks for reminding me of all that. I got along well with Gahd, as he also was a conservative, plus very knowledgeable of many subjects. I guess he just got tired of this forum and moved on with his life, as I plan on doing soon. I'm not sure what other moderator you are talking about, but Sanctus was very knowledgeable and I believe a part owner of the forum. I'm not sure why he has moved on, but it is understandable that everyone does get tired of answering the same questions over and over again.

The one redeeming feature of this forum is that we do have an archive of many good old threads where people can find a treasure trove of information about almost any subject.

Speaking of subjects, your "mechatronics" does sound interesting. For a few years now, It has been nearly impossible to study pure mechanics without also delving into electronics, as the two subjects are closely related and nothing exemplifies that more than servo systems and robotics. If I was starting out again as a young man, I think robotics would be my chosen field, particularly drones of all types.

Anyway, as I said, good luck with your studies and I hope you will post some interesting threads based on what you are studying at any given time.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...