Science Forums

Eric Raymond gets invited to Microsoft

___Is it OK to write Mike & say Eric referred us? ;) Then we can work from the inside. :shrug:

Dear Mike,

Eric Raymond referred to you offering jobs to unemployable folks & even though I am not allowed to work, it is no more a paradox than yours. I am slow & do poor work, while entertaining megalomania, paranoia, & bad moods accompanied by bouts of isolating, heavy drinking & smoking. I swear uneccessarily, have a regular habit of unreliability, enjoy mental illness & walks on the beach. In short, I fit right in with Microsoft & the job you didn't intend to offer which I didn't intend to take.

Thanks for your time & consideration,

Mr. Turtle

Please write an email and ask Eric for referrel, please, that would be so extremely hilarious and i would bet that Eric would have absolutely no problems giving you the contact details and such, no really, not a joke, please do it, and i shall crown you the funniest person of the month :shrug:

Erics email is [email protected]

if you decide to go on, which i really hope you do, please keep us updated, this would be the joke of the month!

Dear Mike,

Eric Raymond referred me to you, as you were offering jobs to unemployable folks & even though I am not allowed to work at "normal" jobs as I am a repeat sex offender, it is no more a paradox than yours. I am slow & do poor work, while entertaining megalomania, paranoia, & bad moods accompanied by bouts of isolationism, heavy drinking & smoking. I swear uneccessarily, have a regular habit of unreliability, enjoy mental illness & walks on the beach. In short, I fit right in with Microsoft & the job you didn't intend to offer which I didn't intend to take.

Thanks for your time & consideration,

Mr. Baldwin

My edited version ;). Let me know if I should add or remove from it before it's sent :shrug:.

Like if it should be "Dear Eric..."

:lol: Will do :hihi:.

...So you did put "Thanks, Turtle George/Mr. George/Mr. Turtle George/ etc" right? Meaning I can actually sign my name without him thinking I'm just being an annoying little wise *** (he'll just think I'm being a wise *** :lol:) ?

___I sent it just as in the above post; signed "Thanks for your time & consideration,

Mr. Turtle". I hope he views me as an entertaining little wise a**. Worse case, he takes vengence on me by messing with this machine (it's not even mine Mike!); best case, he shares my letter with Bill & they really offer me a job! :lol: