Science Forums

Pasteur vs. Bechamp: An Alternative View of Infectious Disease

Thoth101

Pasteurization, named after scientist Louis Pasteur who developed it, involves heating raw milk to very high temperatures in order to kill the germs and bacteria inside the milk and prevent infections. The idea is that “germs are bad” and that they are the cause of disease and ill health. Following that assumption, it makes sense that “killing germs” would be the solution to both treating and preventing states of disease. This is the basic concept—that germs (virus, bacteria, etc.) are the cause of illness—upon which Western medicine is based.

But there is a fascinating history behind both the “germ theory” of disease as well as its controversial proponent…Louis Pasteur. I invite you to do your own research by Googling “Pasteur vs. Bechamp” to see the many sources of information on this controversy.

In 19th century France, while Pasteur was advocating the notion of germs as the cause of disease, another French scientist named Antoine Bechamp advocated a conflicting theory known as the “cellular theory” of disease.

Bechamp’s cellular theory is almost completely opposite to that of Pasteur’s. Bechamp noted that these germs that Pasteur was so terrified of were opportunistic in nature. They were everywhere and even existed inside of us in a symbiotic relationship. Bechamp noticed in his research that it was only when the tissue of the host became damaged or compromised that these germs began to manifest as a prevailing symptom (not cause) of disease.

To prevent illness, Bechamp advocated not the killing of germs but the cultivation of health through diet, hygiene, and healthy lifestyle practices such as fresh air and exercise. The idea is that if the person has a strong immune system and good tissue quality (or “terrain” as Bechamp called it), the germs will not manifest in the person, and they will have good health. It is only when their health starts to decline (due to personal neglect and poor lifestyle choices) that they become victim to infections.

You can see this when a group of people go hiking in the woods. It often seems that the mosquitoes attack only one or two people out of the group. And as it turns out, it’s always the same person that always gets attacked by the mosquitoes. This person is usually the one who always catches the latest flu and has the weakest immune system. This is because these germs (including insects) are opportunistic in nature and only attack the weak.

To treat illness, Bechamp’s cellular theory also applied. Bechamp was less concerned with killing the infection and focused more on restoring the health of the patient’s body through healthy lifestyle choices. Bechamp saw the infection as a footnote to the state of illness and not the primary cause. As the person restored health through diet, hygiene, and detoxification the infection went away on its own–without needing measures to kill it.

Pasteur and Bechamp had a long and often bitter rivalry regarding who was right about the true cause of illness. Ultimately Pasteur’s ideas were accepted by society and Bechamp was pretty much forgotten. The practice of Western medicine is based on Pasteur’s germ phobia which gives rise to the use of vaccinations, antibiotics, and other anti-microbials.

The irony is that towards the end of his life, Pasteur renounced the germ theory and admitted that Bechamp was right all along. In the 1920’s medical historians also discovered that most of Pasteur’s theories were plagiarized from Bechamp’s early research work.

http://maronewellness.com/pasteur-vs-bechamp-an-alternative-view-of-infectious-disease/

Other interesting articles on the subject:

https://danielleduperret.com/articles-blogs/pasteur-bechamp-the-2-sides-of-medicine/

Louis Pasteur (1822 – 1895) was a French chemist and microbiologist born in Dole. He is best known for his remarkable breakthroughs in the causes and prevention of disease. His experiments supported the germ theory of disease. In essence, Pasteur taught that disease came from outside the body in the form of bacteria. For Pasteur, to fight illness is to treat the symptoms. This approach has shaped modern medicine and pharmacology.

Few people know that on his deathbed, Pasteur recanted and said “Béchamp was right.”

But… who is Béchamp?

Pierre Jacques Antoine Béchamp was a French biologist, contemporary of Louis Pasteur. He believed that a completely healthy body would be immune to harmful bacteria and that only when the body became a welcome host for this bacteria (i.e. when our cells become weak and our immune system becomes compromised) would the bacteria have a destructive effect on the body.  Béchamp taught that disease came from inside the body. For Bechamp, you do no fight illness, you create a healthy body in which disease cannot develop.

Unfortunately, medicine became big business and Béchamp’s theory was conveniently forgotten. In fact, pharmaceutical companies all over the world give thanks to Pasteur every single day.

https://thevaccinereaction.org/2018/02/pasteur-vs-bechamp-the-germ-theory-debate/

https://dreddymd.com/2018/03/10/louis-pasteur-vs-antoine-bechamp-know-the-true-causes-of-disease/

An interesting quote in the comments section at the above link:

Speaking from my experience as a former US Army physician, director of the Orthomolecular Medical Society established by Dr Linus Pauling, and over 40 years of holistic medical practice,I wholeheartedly agree with the microzyme version and not with the germ
hypothesis that has been advocated by the followers of Pasteur and the pharmaceutical industry.

Dr. Lucidi

Excellent Thoth! Pasteur was completely wrong about germs being bad and causing disease! 

note for others: It's only fair to Thoth that we realize that the Dunning Kruger effect applies to him and that as he tries to rise up the slope to recovery he's being constantly called by back by Icky David from the peak of mt. stupid.

Thoth is motivated in this case by his need to somehow show that the Corona virus is a fake of course and so at least this can't be put down as wild imaginings of a dingbat. It has a purpose!

9 hours ago, montgomery said:

Excellent Thoth! Pasteur was completely wrong about germs being bad and causing disease! 

note for others: It's only fair to Thoth that we realize that the Dunning Kruger effect applies to him and that as he tries to rise up the slope to recovery he's being constantly called by back by Icky David from the peak of mt. stupid.

Thoth is motivated in this case by his need to somehow show that the Corona virus is a fake of course and so at least this can't be put down as wild imaginings of a dingbat. It has a purpose!

I appreciate you reading the post. I do question though why at mostly every time you say something you are throwing insults for no reason. Were you picked on as a child or are you that bully that we warn our children of? If it makes you feel good to throw insults at people you may have a psychological problem and you might want to come to terms with that.

It's quite possible that the psychological problem is mine Thoth my friend and so for now I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on Pasteur being wrong about germs being bad and them causing disease. 

But I have to ask for a commitment from you too. You can't go and start another topic that directly disputes your new theory on germs and Pasteur. Deal?

others: Thoth is treading dangerously close to the edge of his flat earth now and so it behooves us to grab him by his shirttail and pull him back. A little help would be appreciated here! 

Edited by montgomery

10 hours ago, montgomery said:

It's quite possible that the psychological problem is mine Thoth my friend and so for now I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on Pasteur being wrong about germs being bad and them causing disease. 

But I have to ask for a commitment from you too. You can't go and start another topic that directly disputes your new theory on germs and Pasteur. Deal?

others: Thoth is treading dangerously close to the edge of his flat earth now and so it behooves us to grab him by his shirttail and pull him back. A little help would be appreciated here! 

I will post what I want and find at anytime. I don't take orders from anybody. It is all a learning experience and if you don't want to learn that is your problem.

GERM THEORY (PASTEUR)

CELLULAR THEORY (BECHAMP). Pleomorphism

1. Disease arises from micro-organisms outside the body. Disease arises from micro-organisms within the cells of the body.
2. Micro-organisms are generally to be guarded against. These intracellular micro-organisms normally function to build and assist in the metabolic processes of the body.
3. The function of micro-organisms is constant. The function of these organisms changes to assist in the catabolic (disintegration) processes of the host organism when that organism dies or is injured, which may be chemical as well as mechanical.
4. The shapes and colours of micro-organisms are constant Micro-organisms change their shapes and colours to reflect the medium
5. Every disease is associated with a particular micro-organism Every disease is associated with a particular condition.
6. Micro-organisms are primary causal agents. Micro-organisms become "pathogenic" as the health of the host organism deteriorates. Hence, the condition of the host organism is the primary causal agent.
7. Disease can "strike" anybody. Disease is built by unhealthy conditions.
8. To prevent disease we have to "build defences". To prevent disease we have to create health.

32 minutes ago, OceanBreeze said:

I do believe in the value of vaccinations, but I also agree with the importance of a healthful environment. The two approaches are not mutually exclusive but complementary.

Yes of course Breeze! But we must make sure this isn't being promoted as an anti-vaxxer soapbox. Or motivated by Trump's need to make the Corona virus into an imaginary problem. Good grief!!

On 10/10/2020 at 11:55 AM, montgomery said:

Yes of course Breeze! But we must make sure this isn't being promoted as an anti-vaxxer soapbox. Or motivated by Trump's need to make the Corona virus into an imaginary problem. Good grief!!

Great point of view. I also believe vaccines can be good but the problem is that greed and power by the vaccine companies and big pharma in general has taken a toll on many people's health. I think we really need to learn to be a more informed society and we shouldn't be being informed by the lobbyist through propaganda and other techniques. 

If you want to give me a label instead of using a cabal CIA label such as anti vaxxer which is another buzz word like conspiracy theorist used as a tool to stop people from critical thinking. I would like the term anti-dumass because that is what all these people are now not doing any kind of research or doing any kind of critical thinking. But you won't use that term Monty because you would rather use a term for the Cabal to enforce their illusion with their minions such as yourself.

I got the new buzz word for you Monty. Germ Theory denilelism. It's a real thing invented by your favorite Gov and Technocrat operatives.😄So now we have Conspiracy Theorist, Anti Vaxxer, climate change denier. I am guessing the next one will be Covid denier or Anti Covid.😆

Germ Theory denilelism is lizardspeak. You must be talking about denialism, if indeed that's a word?

There's a change starting to come over you Thoth but I'm not sure whether it's positive or just more of you falling deeper into your illusions. In any event it's good to see happening because it's become obvious that your tenuous grip on reality couldn't sustain you indefinitely.  

Edited by montgomery

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 1:00 PM, montgomery said:

Germ Theory denilelism is lizardspeak. You must be talking about denialism, if indeed that's a word?

There's a change starting to come over you Thoth but I'm not sure whether it's positive or just more of you falling deeper into your illusions. In any event it's good to see happening because it's become obvious that your tenuous grip on reality couldn't sustain you indefinitely.  

Do you ever stop gas lighting and trolling? Although I do find it humorous to converse with your ridiculousness.😄

Louis Pasteur Vs Antoine Béchamp and The Germ Theory of Disease Causation - 1

http://www.laleva.org/eng/2004/05/louis_pasteur_vs_antoine_bchamp_and_the_germ_theory_of_disease_causation_1.html

Excerpt:

Human beings, the potentially highest form of life expression on this planet have built the vast pharmaceutical industry for the central purpose of poisoning the lowest form of life on the planet--germs! One of the biggest tragedies of human civilization is the precedence of chemicals over nutrition."--Dr. Richard Murray

"In the sciences, people quickly come to regard as their own personal property that which they have learned and had passed on to them at the universities and academies. If someone else comes along with new ideas that contradict the Credo and in fact even threaten to overturn it, then all passions are raised against this threat and no method is left untried to suppress it. People resist it in every way possible: pretending not to have heard about it; speaking disparagingly of it, as if it were not even worth the effort of looking into the matter. And so a new truth can have a long wait before finally being accepted."--Goethe

Misconceptions about health are ingrained in our culture. The road to understanding the process of maintaining and restoring health has been a long and twisted one. From ancient and intuitive knowledge, science has taken over, made colossal errors, and clings to them for dear life. There was a rejection of wisdom or scientific discovery in favor of a more popular, convenient, or politically desirable system. Just as Socrates was poisoned for his ideas, and Galileo was forced by a fanatic clergy to withdraw his statements about astronomy, ignorance and power can be a dangerous combination.

We do not catch diseases. We build them. We have to eat, drink, think, and feel them into existence. We work hard at developing our diseases. We must work just as hard at restoring health. The presence of germs does not constitute the presence of a disease. Bacteria are scavengers of nature...they reduce dead tissue to its smallest element. Germs or bacteria have no influence, whatsoever, on live cells. Germs or microbes flourish as scavengers at the site of disease. They are just living on the unprocessed metabolic waste and diseased, malnourished, nonresistant tissue in the first place. They are not the cause of the disease, any more than flies and maggots cause garbage. Flies, maggots, and rats do not cause garbage but rather feed on it. Mosquitoes do not cause a pond to become stagnant! You always see firemen at burning buildings, but that doesn't mean they caused the fire...

Traditional Western medicine teaches and practices the doctrines of French chemist Louis Pasteur (1822-1895). Pasteur's main theory is known as the Germ Theory Of Disease. It claims that fixed species of microbes from an external source invade the body and are the first cause of infectious disease. The concept of specific, unchanging types of bacteria causing specific diseases became officially accepted as the foundation of allopathic Western medicine and microbiology in late 19th century Europe. Also called monomorphism,(one-form), it was adopted by America's medical/industrial complex, which began to take shape near the turn of the century. This cartel became organized around the American Medical Association, formed by drug interests for the purpose of manipulating the legal system to destroy the homeopathic medical profession.

Controlled by pharmaceutical companies, the complex has become a trillion-dollar-a-year business. It also includes many insurance companies, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), hospitals, and university research facilities. The microbian doctrine gave birth to the technique of vaccination that was blindly begun in 1796 by Edward Jenner. Jenner took pus from the running sores of sick cows and injected it into the blood of his "patients." Thus was born a vile practice (immunization/vaccination) whose nature has changed little to this day, and whose understanding is still clouded by Pasteur's theory. This also gave birth to the development of antibiotics, the first being penicillin in 1940. An antibiotic is the poisonous waste from one germ used in the attempt to kill another. Penicillin is the poison from a fungus. This has created the proliferation of aggressive and stubborn forms of resistant strains that haunt us today.

The Rife Universal Microscope, developed in the late 1930's and early 1940's, clearly established that germs (microorganisms) are the result of disease (scavengers of dead cells) rather than the cause thereof. If germs are involved, they arise as primary symptoms of that general condition. Though germs don't cause disease, secondary symptoms are produced in response to their activity (commonly called the disease). One reason the conventional medical community doesn't see the big picture is their means of looking at it. A lot depends on how you look at it and what you look at it with.

In the 3rd Edition, Basic Histology, Junqueira & Carneiro, 1980, we discover the limitations of the electron microscope in that the electron beam demands the use of very thin tissue sections enclosed in a high vacuum. The authors of these requisites state on page 9: "These conditions preclude the use of living material...and...The electron beam on an object can damage it and produce unwanted changes in tissue structures. They take a living, changing scene (the blood), and disorganize it, by staining the blood sample. They then take a snapshot of this disorganized situation and interpret it as the entire story. During the study and interpretation of stained tissue sections in microscope preparations, the observed product is the end result of a series of processes that considerably distort the image observable in the living tissue, mainly through shrinking and retraction. It has been suggested in the past that the electron-microscopic specks identified as viruses could, more than likely, be nothing more than particles of lifeless, degraded protein--disintegrated peptides from cellular death--catabolic residues of cytoplasm, or repair proteins produced by the cells in response to the imbalanced biological terrain. It has been reported by researchers searching for the hypothetical "elusive virus," that viruses can "mimic" human tissue! They are human tissue.

R. R. Rife

Perhaps the most profound confirmation of pleomorphis was executed by another nearly obliterated genius, this time an American microscopist with the name of royal Raymond Rife. His story was told in The Rife Report by Barry Lynes. It has been published in book form as The Cancer Cure That Worked! Rife's ordinary microscope (with 31,000 diameters resolution), was capable of detail and clarity surpassing the newly emerging electron microscopes. Its use of prismatically dispersed natural light frequencies, rather than electron beams and acid stains, allowed clear views of living subjects. Each microorganism has its own fundamental frequency of light, something Bechamp apparently took advantage of with his polarimeter. Rife arrived at the conclusion that light could be used, instead of fatal chemicals, ot "stain" the subject. This was brilliant. equally brilliant was its execution. The entire optical system--lenses and prisms, as well as the illuminating units--are made of block quartz crystal. The illuminating unit used for examining the filterable forms of disease organisms contains fourteen lenses and prisms, three of which are in the high-intensity incandescent lamp, four in the Risley prism, and seven in the achromatic condenser, which has an aperture of 1.40.

Between the source of light and the specimen are subtended two circular, wedge-shaped, block-crystal quartz prisms for the purpose of polarizing the light passing through the specimen, polarization being the practical application of the theory that light waves vibrate in all planes perpendicular to the direction in which they are propagated. When light comes into contact with a polarizing prism, it is split into two beams, one of which is refracted to such an extent that it is reflected to the side of the prism, without passing through the prism, while the second ray, bent considerably less, is enabled to pass through the prism to illuminate the specimen. When the quartz prisms on the Universal Microscope (which may be rotated with vernier control through 360 degrees) are rotated in opposite directions, they serve to bend the transmitted beams at variable angles of incidence while, at the same time, since only a part of a band of color is visible at one time, a small portion of the spectrum is projected up into the axis of the microscope. It is possible to proceed this way from one end of the spectrum to the other--infra-red to ultra-violet. Now, when that portion of the spectrum is reached in which both the organism and the color band vibrate in exact accord with one another, a definite, characteristic wavelength is emitted by the organism. A monochromatic beam of light corresponding exactly to the frequency of the organism is then sent up through the specimen and the direct, transmitted light, enabling the observer to view the organism stained in its true chemical color and revealing its own structure in a field which is brilliant with light.

Instead of the light rays from the specimen passing through the objective and converging, they pass through a series of special prisms which keep the rays parallel. It is this principle of parallel rays in the Universal Microscope, and the shortening of projection distance between the prisms, plus the fact that three matched pairs of ten-millimeter, seven-millimeter, and four-millimeter objectives in short mounts are substituted for oculars, which make possible not only the unusually high magnification and resolution, but which serve to eliminate all distortion as well as all chromatic and spherical aberration. The fine adjustment being seven hundred times more sensitive than that of ordinary microscopes, the length of time required to focus ranges up to one hour and a half. A major upshot of Rife's work was his ability, through several pleomorphic stages, to transform a virus he found in cancer tissue into a fungus, plant the fungus in an asparagus-based medium, and produce a bacillus E. coli, the type of microform indigenous to the human intestine. This was repeated hundreds of times. Rife showed that the pleomorphic capacity of microforms goes beyond the bacterial level to the fungal level, and its progression to the last stage--mold. Included in this cycle are the very important stages intermediate to microzymas and bacteria, the protein complexes usually referred to as viruses, and their immediate descendants, the cell-wall deficient forms.

Rife identified 10 families in the whole spectrum of microlife. Within each family, any form/member could become any other. Also, the fact that organisms have resonant frequencies allowed Rife to further develop his r.f. "beam ray," which helped rid the body of cancer symptoms. What marvelous and beneficial revelations might have arisen with Rife's technology guided by Bechamp's vision? These waves, or this ray, as the frequencies might be called, have been shown to possess the power of devitalizing disease organisms, or "killing" them when tuned to an exact wavelength, or frequency, for each different organism. In reality, it is not the bacteria themselves that produce the disease, but the chemical constituents of these microorganisms enacting upon the unbalanced cell metabolism of the human body that in actuality produce the disease symptoms. Disease-associated microorganisms do not originally produce the condition which has supported their morbid evolution in the body.

Biological Terrain

A healthy or diseased biological terrain is determined primarily by four things: its acid/alkaline balance (pH); its electric/magnetic charge (negative or positive); its level of poisoning (toxicity); and its nutritional status. One critical symptom of diseased terrain is low oxygen. Another is a stoppage of movement or stagnation in the colloidal body fluids between cells. Still another is loss of electrical charge on the surface of red blood cells. This contributes to a condition called rouleau, sometimes called "sticky blood."

Within a cell's wall, all the chemicals and components acting together make up life. Nothing within the cell is believed to be alive of itself. But, when you look at live blood, you can observe that microorganisms undergo an exact, scientifically verifiable cycle of change in their form. As profound as the change of a caterpillar to a butterfly, this evolution is even more fantastic, since it can happen quite rapidly (sometimes in a matter of minutes!). There are no enemies or specific diseases to fight. There is only the consequence of balance or imbalance. The universe seems to operate by keeping opposites in balance. When things get out of balance, a sign usually appears to make it known. Health is balance in the system. If you want to see a rough comparison of what's happening in a sick body, try not cleaning your house for about a year.

In that environment, all kinds of small "guests" will come out of nowhere to take up residence with you. Similarly, the stresses of our wrong eating habits and way of life "dirty up" our inner environment. Our terrain becomes overly acidic (pH imbalance)--paving the way for unwanted guests. In this unbalanced environment, morbid bacteria can issue from our own cells. These tiny life forms can rapidly change their form and function. Through a process called pleomorphism, (pleo = many; morph = form), bacteria can change into yeast, yeast to fungus, fungus to mold. Microorganisms such as a specific bacterium, can take on multiple forms. This is a change of function as well as shape. It's analagous to someone with multiple personalities, the person's physiology changes with the personality changes. Dr. E.C. Rosenow of the Mayo Biological Labs, and other bacteriologists, demonstrated that a media change could alter streptococci to pneumococci and the food change back would reverse pneumococci to streptococci. This showed that bacteria are scavengers of nature and being essentially bags of enzymes, alter their shape and enzyme production for the purpose of dissolving to its smallest element whatever dead tissue is present. In addition to pH and pleomorphism, we need to consider a most important concept--the difference between the symptoms of a disease and the disease condition. In pleomorphism, a so-called species is just a stage in the growth cycle of a family of beings. Each member functions differently and looks a lot different from the others.

What most people call a "disease" is really a symptom or a collection of symptoms. For example, cancer tumors are symptoms, which is why trying to fight them has resulted in the epidemic we have today. What people commonly think of as causes of disease, are symptoms. In this category are bacteria, yeast, and their descendants. When germs are involved in illness, they are producing, or influencing the body to produce, secondary symptoms. In orthodox medicine, these secondary symptoms are thought of as the disease. The answer though, lies in the condition of your terrain. Is it in balance? Or will it support the development of unwanted guests? Once it gets going, the imbalance becomes a vicious circle. In pH imbalance, body tissues are on the acid side. The acid condition is promoted by a number of things, the main ones being food types and poor digestion. In poor digestion, food is either fermenting or putrefying. In the early stages of the imbalance, the outer symptoms may not be very intense and are frequently treated (manipulated) with drugs. They include such things as: skin eruptions, headaches, allergies, colds and flu, and sinus problems. As things get further out of balance, more serious conditions arise. Weakened glands, organs and systems start to give way--thyroid, adrenals, the liver, etc.

Unfortunately, symptom manipulation plays a major role in creating worse symptoms later. But most people don't consider or realize this when they go for the quick medical fix. Even most doctors are not aware, or aren't telling. The medical/militaristic approach is a substitution of artificial therapy over natural, of poisons over food, in which we are feeding people poisons (drugs), trying to correct (attack) the reactions of starvation. Lack of understanding creates fear, but when we understand that both health and disease are created by our own living and eating habits, then there is no longer any fear of "germs." Our individual immune systems are inescapably linked to the planet Earth, of whose substance we are made. The entire planet Earth, the complete geosphere, has its own functioning immune system, a self-protecting, regenerating, healing system. When we are not integrated in that system, or we harm that system, the inevitable result is our own degeneration. There is no blessing that anyone has ever received that was not linked to the Earth, even if it came from the Internet! Even the British Medical Journal of November 1950 admitted: "With the best of care, heavy bacterial contamination of vaccine lymph is inevitable during its preparation, and as many as 500 MILLION organisms per ml. may be present..." This being true, if bacteria caused disease, everyone receiving their first vaccination would expire within 24 hours of inoculation.

Keep reading:

http://www.laleva.org/eng/2004/05/louis_pasteur_vs_antoine_bchamp_and_the_germ_theory_of_disease_causation_1.html