Science Forums

Random Musings for Bored Minds

Dark Mind

I'm opening this thread to anyone who feels bored, restless, or thoughtful to just come and post whatevers on your mind. A new invention a seeming paradox in the set laws of Physics, or whatever else may be troubling your mind or keeping you from sleeping easy, just post it here so you know where to come back to it and probably with a little input from the membership :eek2:.

Aaack! Who has *time* to be bored! I'll try to post here just to keep the idle hands here busy! :eek2:

Is there any place friction does not exist within our atmosphere? (Excluding near perfect vacuums :))
Yep! Inside my brain! Zip! Slick as a torroid electromagnetic field in a perpetual motion machine! Yep! Uh huh!

Whirrrrrr,

Buffy

Aaack! Who has *time* to be bored! I'll try to post here just to keep the idle hands here busy!

I can relate to that Buffy, I don't have the time to get bored either, way too many honey-does. When I do get a moment to reminisce, my mind often begins to question why some people feel the need to be so cruel to their fellow man. I frankly don't understand why these individuals find it necessary, evidently for their own stimulation, to constantly hammer on their own kind. Truth is, maybe I should be glad that I don't understand? I'm sure this has been said many times before, but I'll say it again; If we could learn to welcome others into the brotherhood of man, maybe they would also welcome us? Seems to me like a win win situation.

Where do people go when they die? Maybe to where the babies come from? I really don't believe this, just random musing my restless mind..........................
Maybe the difference in mental state between an unborn baby and a newborn baby is analogous to the difference in mental state between a nearly dead person and a just-dead person. I don’t really believe this either (though I seriously considered it one beautiful but oddly gloomy summer afternoon 21 years ago), just musing…

I wish I had been alive 21 years so I could say that :lol:. It's been about 7 years since I thought about that... Yes, I was about ten ;).

Why do our brains need rest in order to function properly? Why do we even need to sleep??? Shouldn't we have evolved beyond that by now?
I probably shouldn't have posted the question after this one :). I was seriously wondering about this :).

• 2 weeks later...

Reflecting on the passage of time, as one gets older time seems to speed up. I've often wondered if this is only a preception or is the interval actually shrinking between events. In actuality, this is most likely the result of the mind not focusing on, or noticing as many events passing, giving the illusion that time is passing more rapidly. As a 63 year old male, this decrease in mental awareness is a little frightening at tmes, and at other times, unusally relaxing. Just think young people, what maybe lying instore for you as time eats away at your brain?