Science Forums

Math riddle

Jay-qu

We all have at least one foot in the grave :hihi:. Our days were numbered the day we were born :lol:. Darn free radicals...

:lol:... :lol:

Truly Dark, BTW; I see that your making headway with that wager we had workin, I'm glad I paid off ahead of time. Saves face, if you get my drift. In any event, I had faith in your determination to get the job done. Tear em up............................I forecast a spanking coming on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree totally with 150 (that's also a geometric series) and about the weight rising (exactly as much as the monkey, they're subject to the same vertical forces), but I have misgivings about Infamous' answer to:

If the day before two days after the day before tomorrow is Monday, what day is today?
The day before tomorrow is today.

The day before two days after today is tomorrow.

If tomorrow is Monday, today is Sunday.

Disagree?

I agree totally with 150 (that's also a geometric series) and about the weight rising (exactly as much as the monkey, they're subject to the same vertical forces), but I have misgivings about Infamous' answer to:
If the day before two days after the day before tomorrow is Monday, what day is today?
The day before tomorrow is today.

The day before two days after today is tomorrow.

If tomorrow is Monday, today is Sunday.

Disagree?

Actually I must disagree... My reasoning...

Working backwards...

Two days after the day before tomorrow is Monday= Start on Sunday, end on Tuesday. (The day before tomorrow is Monday (Sunday), you start two days after this... Sunday + two days = Tuesday)

If the day before (above)= The day before Tuesday. Tuesday minus a day is Monday :eek2:.

Now that sure was a greeeeat answer Tormod! :D

Two days after the day before tomorrow is Monday=
Uhm, non sequitur, the hypothetical clause of the original question doesn't imply this assert. :)

"The day before kangaroo is monkey" => "Kangaroo is monkey"

:xx: :xx: :beer: :D :gift: :eek2: :xx:

:eek2:

• 2 weeks later...
Now that sure was a greeeeat answer Tormod! :D

Uhm, non sequitur, the hypothetical clause of the original question doesn't imply this assert. :)

"The day before kangaroo is monkey" => "Kangaroo is monkey"

:doh: :) :D :eek: :D :D ;)

:doh:

I'm not sure how my answer is non sequitur, and your little demo didn't do much to help explain :D.

...It may have helped others understand what non sequitur is though :doh:.