Science Forums

What is focus?

Mr. Potato Head

One of the many amusing things that have repeatedly happened to me was, when getting into bed after having switched the light off, groping around the wall for the switch until I realized the difficulty in finding it was due to the fact that I had already switched it off. Once I was even beginning to think "Geez, I'll never find it in this darkness, how can I get the light turned out?"

Yeah stuff like that is such a weird feeling when you realize what you are thinking!

I have heard it put that we have about 7 televisions in front of us and the one in the middle is a big screen. We are watching all at once and sometimes we pay attention to a smaller one while participating in the larger ones activity. Is this related and what is this concept in reality? Come on people, how does the brain work? :rolleyes:

Nah, I only have 3 screens in front of me: CNN, the big flat screen monitor and the laptop. Of course the flat screen is connected to 4 CPUs, but thats still only 6... :)

Cheers,

Buffy

Aww, come one Buffy! Don't limit yourself. You can handle more! :)

So what about your mind's eye? What about your emotions? What about you thinking about what you're doing this weekend while you work today? Are those not other mind occupiers?

Aww, come one Buffy! Don't limit yourself. You can handle more! :)

So what about your mind's eye? What about your emotions? What about you thinking about what you're doing this weekend while you work today? Are those not other mind occupiers?

There ya go! If I had more than 3 screens, I would not have the brain capacity to handle the fun weekend planning! Paaaarrrrtaaaaaay!

Cheers! :)

Buffy