Science Forums

Fifo Stack Analogy Of Human Memory

I visualize human memory as a FIFO stack where thoughts occupy different addresses, each for a finite period of time. (like a computer memory).

Through this analogy I can explain 3 different phenomena -

1. Mental fatigue - Too many thoughts entering the stack in a short time can cause stack overflow error or mental fatigue, and possibly depression.

2. Confusion - Too many thoughts competing for the same address on the stack, means you are left feeling confused, like having too many loose ends to deal with.

3. Meditation - In it's classic form it has zero items on the stack, but this is highly unstable. I would prefer the image for meditation to be singular but detailed, like a kids playground, with slides, gardens, prayer rooms, water fountains etc., well illuminated and relaxing. The different items in this case would occupy the whole stack, but remain connected, and provide singular focus. It is more stable than the zero item configuration.

Is this a realistic model ?  :innocent:

I visualize human memory as a FIFO stack where thoughts occupy different addresses, each for a finite period of time. (like a computer memory).

Through this analogy I can explain 3 different phenomena -

1. Mental fatigue - Too many thoughts entering the stack in a short time can cause stack overflow error or mental fatigue, and possibly depression.
2. Confusion - Too many thoughts competing for the same address on the stack, means you are left feeling confused, like having too many loose ends to deal with.
3. Meditation - In it's classic form it has zero items on the stack, but this is highly unstable. I would prefer the image for meditation to be singular but detailed, like a kids playground, with slides, gardens, prayer rooms, water fountains etc., well illuminated and relaxing. The different items in this case would occupy the whole stack, but remain connected, and provide singular focus. It is more stable than the zero item configuration.

Is this a realistic model ?  :innocent:

Not really.  http://www.human-memory.net/types.html  

We have short term and long term memory that are stored and processed differently.  Some short term memory is discarded and some moved into long term storage.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

By reading Cera Care reviews, It is recommended that it is best if you take Cera Care supplements for about 90 days. Cera Care supplement has to cleanse, restore, and renew your system and it takes time.

Hence for a long-lasting effect, it is best to take 3 months. It also varies according to individuals depending on age, size, other illness, etc.