Science Forums

HCNA 05 photos

Tormod

Well, it took a while but I posted two shots from the HCNA 05 (the Hypography Convention North America 2005). The event was, as most will know, a bit smaller than planned due to unforeseen reasons, but we had a marvellous day in New York.

This is something we just have to do again, peeps!

Ah, and the two images are here:

http://hypography.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=27

:xx:

And I have a pic of C1ay that was taken at a superb restaurant in Atlanta, where C1ay and his wife were gracious enough to meet with me and nemo. We had an incredible time, and it was quite possibly the best part of our vacation...

I have to admit to being quite nervous meeting Tormod, Yvonne and C1ay in person. But all my fears were unfounded, as they were all even more wonderful, if that's possible!

And can I add that zad, becca and dave all looked just like I thought they would?

And alex- my goodness! But I really thought you would have blond hair for some reason - I pictured you as looking like the Norwegian foreign exchange student I had a crush on in high school. And you do, except for the dark hair.

And Tormod's smile is even bigger in person. And Yvonne is more beautiful than you can imagine. And C1ay is much warmer than I thought a self-professed computer geek could ever be. And C1ay's wife is really a gem (you should get her to join!). Thanks to all 4 of you for lovely evenings/afternoons. nemo and I haven't enjoyed ourselves in the company of new old friends in longer than I can recall!

It sure is nice to put faces with the names you make friends with on the web. It gives you a vision to put with the name when you see it on the board.

Getting a chance to meet any of them in person makes it all the better. Getting to eat with Irish and Nemo was great and gives memories to go with the names on the board. I look forward to seeing them again some day.

lefthttp://hypography.com/gallery/files/9/9/8/PPGroup2_thumb.jpg[/img]You're free to post the pic if you like or you could let people guess which one I am in this pic now that you know the answer :D I'll even give them a hint. I'm standing next to the guy with a hat on :)