Science Forums

Modern Science Has Brought Us.....eh......nothing

Ryndanangnysen

Yep, you did read it very well.

"Modern Science" hasn't brought us anything technology wise. nothing nada and zip!

I will define 'modern science' as the 'science' that started when the village idiot ein-stein entered  the stage.

So, actually, 'modern science' is more about the Emperor;s Clothes then anything else.

Sorry to say, but fact is fact.

You haven't provided a single fact. You gonna, like, do that?

Please proceed Mr. Ryndanangnysen.

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more, :phones:
Buffy

You haven't provided a single fact. You gonna, like, do that?

Please proceed Mr. Ryndanangnysen.

You are right of course, but ..NEITHER has 'modern science'  well actually I mean 'modern physics' to be more correct,

But do you aske them the same?

Now, tell me honestly, does what I wrote bother you, one way or the other?

Edited by Ryndanangnysen

Why should it bother me? Meaningless blather is kinda pointless.

Kinda fun to ridicule though. You might want to look around here a bit further to see how well folks who start threads like these do....

Wise men speak because they have something to say, :phones:
Buffy

Why should it bother me? Meaningless blather is kinda pointless.

Kinda fun to ridicule though. You might want to look around here a bit further to see how well folks who start threads like these do....

Wise men speak because they have something to say, :phones:
Buffy

Just don't read it, better for your eyes ;)

But to the more intelligent and rational people, it is rather easy to see that 'modern physics' has brought us nothing and 

none is able to mention something that is because of 'modern physics"

(btw 'science' is in reality a hidden religion or doctrine, it has nothing whatso ever to do with finding any truth or 

finding out how the world works.)

Edited by Ryndanangnysen

Oh it's my job to read it. What I do for the rest of our members is to read jaw dropping drivel so that they don't have to.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters, :phones:

Buffy

But to the more intelligent and rational people, it is rather easy to see that 'modern physics' has brought us nothing and 

none is able to mention something that is because of 'modern physics"

The computer you're spewing into is based on "modern physics."

Sounds like, based on your belief that you should stop using it forthwith because as far as your worldview goes it doesn't even exist.

So why are you typing into a figment of your imagination?

(btw 'science' is in reality a hidden religion or doctrine, it has nothing whatso ever to do with finding any truth or 

finding out how the world works.)

Truth, as with beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. On the other hand, science is incredibly useful for finding out how the world works.

Do you drive a car? It's the product of science. 

If you don't believe science, I would HOPE that you stay inside or at least always hold on to something firmly affixed to the ground because GRAVITY MAY BE A HOAX AND YOU COULD GO FLYING OFF INTO SPACE AT ANY MOMENT! :O :cheer:

Lies are like children. If you don't nurture them, they'll never be useful later, :phones:

Buffy

Sounds like, based on your belief that you should stop using it forthwith because as far as your worldview goes it doesn't even exist.

Truth, as with beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. On the other hand, science is incredibly useful for finding out how the world works.

If you don't believe science, I would HOPE that you stay inside or at least always hold on to something firmly affixed to the ground because GRAVITY MAY BE A HOAX AND YOU COULD GO FLYING OFF INTO SPACE AT ANY MOMENT! :o :cheer:

Lies are like children. If you don't nurture them, they'll never be useful later, :phones:

Buffy

Pfffff FINALLY some , but very little sense! Really, what is your age???

Anyway, 

No, it really, really is nOT! And all provable!

The fact that I am using it, doesn't prove one bit that it is done because of 'modern science'

I never wrote that it is a figment of my imagination. You ike twisting words. Figures,.

On the other hand, science is incredibly useful for finding out how the world works.

No, it is not, Because it is extremely flawed and full of circular reasoning,

But most people are indoctrinated into this shite and bollocks.

Again, it really, really is NOT. Gee, who told you all these lies?

If you don't believe science, I would HOPE that you stay inside or at least always hold on to something firmly affixed to the ground because GRAVITY MAY BE A HOAX AND YOU COULD GO FLYING OFF INTO SPACE AT ANY MOMENT

Trying to be funny? What I write has nothing to do with 'believes' but with facts!

btw 'modern physics' doesn't understand gravity one bit! 

Or do you really think they do?

Pfffff FINALLY some , but very little sense! Really, what is your age???

Probably quite a bit older than you in actual years. I'm poisoned by multiple university degrees too, which probably lowers your opinion of me even more.

No, it really, really is nOT! And all provable!

The fact that I am using it, doesn't prove one bit that it is done because of 'modern science'

Keep asking you for that. Go ahead and prove it: we're waiting.

The computer you're using is based on understanding about how silicon doped with various chemicals and placed in adjacent layers controls flow of electrons. Before Maxwell, the notion that an apparent "plastic" like silicon could conduct electricity was considered silly, and he was the source of the notion that actually got some folks in the 40's to actually try it. The resulting efficiencies that have driven Moore's Law have come from our understanding of Quantum Mechanics.

I don't know how you prove that any of that is false, unless you're going to resort to saying Aliens gave it to us. 

But seriously, go ahead and try.

I never wrote that it is a figment of my imagination. You ike twisting words. Figures,.

No, but that's the only logical conclusion that can be drawn from finding that all modern science is a "HOAX" and is useless.

You're welcome to untwist your own logic of course, but right now it's larded with contradictions that are easy to shoot at.

No, it is not, Because it is extremely flawed and full of circular reasoning,

But most people are indoctrinated into this shite and bollocks.

All science is "extremely flawed and full of circular reasoning?" Really? Care to provide even one example? Is the theory of gravity filled with circular reasoning? Do you believe it or is it a hoax? Are we staying on the ground because of a conspiracy hatched by the Bilderbergs? Have they secretly indoctrinated us all?

Again, it really, really is NOT. Gee, who told you all these lies?

A car is not a product of science? Science of combustion? Science of hydrodynamics? Materials science? None of these? 

Are you arguing that cars are created solely by a tornado hitting a junkyard? Had nothing to do with science AT ALL?

Seriously?

Did the Mason's say an incantation and get me to put my "faith" in the idea that science had anything to do with anything?

Trying to be funny? What I write has nothing to do with 'believes' but with facts!

btw 'modern physics' doesn't understand gravity one bit! 

Or do you really think they do?

WHAT facts? Where? Have you stated any? If you understand anything about science, you've spouted a bunch of unsubstantiated hypotheses, which I'm shooting down right and left with actual facts.

Not sure you'd be able to recognize a fact if it fell on your foot.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please, :phones:

Buffy

Ryndanangnysen, you are amazing !! :-)  I mean it, no irony, it is just amazing how you manage to write your post wanting to crush everything well-established, not giving a single proof and expect others to say: "Ah yes, you are right, you are just sooo smart!! thanks for enlightening me!!!".

You know I have nothing against discusing such things, but there has to be something to discuss about, pure simple statements (without any hint at a mini proof) don't count.

"Modern Science" hasn't brought us anything technology wise. nothing nada and zip!

I will define 'modern science' as the 'science' that started when the village idiot ein-stein entered the stage.

… well actually I mean 'modern physics' to be more correct …

Though it’s an informal term, what most folk mean by “modern physics” is “post-Newtonian” physics, physics in which the predictions of classical, Newtonian mechanics are an approximation, close enough for engineering on scales common before the mid 1900s, but not at very large scales (eg: of galaxies) or very small scales (eg: of present day semiconducting electronics, such as used in computers), or when very high precision is needed (eg: orbital mechanics, such as describing the precession of the orbit of Mercury, or the GPS).

The major theories of modern physics are Einsteinian relativity (useful for orbits and the GPS) and quantum mechanics (useful for designing computers).

Modern science” is an even more informal term. I think the most sensible definition of it is “science as it has been done in the modern period”, where the modern period began around 1500 AD. Thus Newton’s mechanics (eg: in Principia Mathematica in 1687) is considered “modern science”, but not “modern physics”.

The claim “modern physics hasn't brought us anything technology wise” implies the claim that we would have similar or better tech now if the theories of quantum mechanics and Relativity hadn’t been developed. The GPS is a good case to consider. It requires small, powerful computers, and precise relativistic calculations. The question, then, is, could the GPS have been built if none of the people who designed it knew QM or Relativity?

This is an a-historical question, because we know that the people who designed the electronics – essentially, the transistor – used in the computers that make the GPS possible knew and used QM. Could someone who didn’t – someone who treated the movement of electrons in very small devices to be described by Newtonian mechanics or some other non-quantum mechanical theory – have designed the array or tiny transistors that’s key to the computers needed for the GPS?

While I can imagine such an alternate history, it doesn’t seem likely to me. Though it’s possible to feel your way to the design of a machine without having useful theories explaining how it works, it’s easier when you’re guided by such theories.

because we know that the people who designed the electronics – essentially, the transistor – used in the computers that make the GPS possible knew and used QM. 

No, this is simply NOT true,.AND relativity is NOT needed at all for GPS.

The transistor was invented BEFORE the Quantum hoax and GPS works very fine without relativity corrections,

Those corrections are not needed and at the same time is Relativity theory so flawed that it never will work.

Edited by Ryndanangnysen

No, this is simply NOT true,.AND relativity is NOT needed at all for GPS.

The transistor was invented BEFORE the Quantum hoax and GPS works very fine without relativity corrections,

Those corrections are not needed and at the same time is Relativity theory so flawed that it never will work.

Yes, this simply IS true,.AND relativity is NEEDED for GPS.

The transistor was invented AFTER Quantum physics, and GPS works very fine with relativity corrections,

Those corrections are needed and at the same time is Relativity theory so accurate that it always will work.

Yes, this simply IS true,.AND relativity is NEEDED for GPS.

The transistor was invented AFTER Quantum physics, and GPS works very fine with relativity corrections,

Those corrections are needed and at the same time is Relativity theory so accurate that it always will work.

Both are really very very wrong. And no, relativity theory is extremely dumb and stupid and has stalled progress within physics. Physics need to work on a completely different level.

Edited by Ryndanangnysen

Both are really very very wrong

Okay you're going to have to resort to Quantum Mechanics to get the time warp necessary and the changes to the historical time line to say transistors have nothing to do with modern physics.

You going to stick with that? Have even a single fact to back that up?

Hegel was right when he said that we learn from history that man can never learn anything from history, :phones:

Buffy