Science Forums

Evolution is Junk Science and Secular Religion

perfusionista

Is this safe?

Military Intellegence. Jumbo Shrimp. Secular Religion.

Oxymorons? Mutual exclusivity?

Religion/ Religious - Etymology: Middle English religioun, from Latin religion-, religio supernatural constraint, sanction, religious practice, perhaps from religare to restrain, tie back 1 : relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity <religious person> <religious attitudes> 2 : of, relating to, or devoted to religious beliefs or observances

Secular - Etymology: Middle English, from Old French seculer, from Late Latin saecularis, from saeculum the present world, from Latin, generation, age, century, world; akin to Welsh hoedl lifetime 1 a : of or relating to the worldly or temporal <secular concerns> b : not overtly or specifically religious <secular music> c : not ecclesiastical or clerical <secular courts> <secular landowners> 2 : not bound by monastic vows or rules; specifically : of, relating to, or forming clergy not belonging to a religious order or congregation (Both from WWWebster)

It seems very obvious that there is no such thing as a "Secular Religion". Even if there are jumbo shrimp.

This is just another example of Believers trying to invent words to entice an emotional, rather than rational, reaction. They use such emotion driven termonology to achieve kneejerk reactions froom their mindless sheep. To get them to baaa in unison, donate more money to the cause and write letters to their politicos.

It works well with people that are willing to listen to sources even after they find out they have been lied to intentionally in other regards by that source. Ring a bell CD?

tormor, perhaps it would just be a very good idea not to allow religion at in these forums. yes, i know, i would be the one saying this wouldn't i? but yea, i also am the one who sees how bringing it up can cause problems.

Originally posted by: CD27

tormor, perhaps it would just be a very good idea not to allow religion at in these forums. yes, i know, i would be the one saying this wouldn't i? but yea, i also am the one who sees how bringing it up can cause problems.

OK, this topic is Evolution is Junk Science.

If you want to argue that this is true, you can;t just attack some parts of it, you have to show a replacement which better fills the explanation and provides better predictive results.

Please do so, without bringing ANY religious elements into it and the rest of us will keep religion out of it.

Provide a fully workable replacement to Evolution. It has to cover all of the aspects of "the diversity of life found on the earth" based onn factual data that is available. It can not have any outside agents, or need for one, brought into the discussion unless you can provide factual support for the existence of that agent.

And you must apply Ockham's Razor if you add an agent and show that it is a mre efficient theory even though it has more agents.

Well?

well, i do actually have evidence, but not in my possesion..it's that "booklet" that you were so happy about last time i mentioned it. it gives quite a bit of evidence in it. but i must say, the boklet is a christian booklet, so i doubt that you would even take it into concideration.

lol, interesting. i am in the maknig aren't i? " Perfection is a path, not a destination. No, pardon me, I have just arrived."......i have a question to ask you...wait, no i don't. lol, i just had to do it.

i will try my absolute best to get that booklet, retype the information, and give it to y'all.

by the way, i'm from georgia, like my accent? lol.

hey guys, this not putting space hen i press enter is really starting to tick my little purple buttons, so, if it does it again, i am gonna need some help. yes, i tried editing, no good.

CD27: hey guys, this not putting space hen i press enter is really starting to tick my little purple buttons, so, if it does it again, i am gonna need some help. yes, i tried editing, no good.

Yeah, that caught me by surprise too. But I noticed that at the bottom of the Replying To A Message window it says that "HTML code is permitted". So...

To make your text move to the next line just add a break, using the HTML tag < b > (without the spaces).

To make your text move down two lines, so that there is a blank line between them, use the HTML paragraph tag < p > (again, without the spaces).

One problem I found with this is that if you go back and edit your posts, all of these HTML tags have been removed from your posts - they've been parsed. So you have to reinsert them again everywhere you want them.

Originally posted by: TeleMad

CD27: hey guys, this not putting space hen i press enter is really starting to tick my little purple buttons, so, if it does it again, i am gonna need some help. yes, i tried editing, no good.

Yeah, that caught me by surprise too. But I noticed that at the bottom of the Replying To A Message window it says that "HTML code is permitted". So...

To make your text move to the next line just add a break, using the HTML tag < b > (without the spaces).

To make your text move down two lines, so that there is a blank line between them, use the HTML paragraph tag < p > (again, without the spaces).

One problem I found with this is that if you go back and edit your posts, all of these HTML tags have been removed from your posts - they've been parsed. So you have to reinsert them again everywhere you want them.

Are you guys using the reply function and answering with the javascript editor? If so, what browsers are you using? There should be no need to use any tags at all to make space.

This was posted with it - without tags - works fine.

By the way, the < b > tag is of course for bold print - I assume you meant < br >. But again, should not be necessary. I suspect there is a browser issue here.

Tormod

by the way, i'm from georgia, like my accent? lol.

I lived in Stone Mountain, Columbus and law-raince-veee-ill jest aughtsidea Snee-lll-vee-il...

hey guys, this not putting space hen i press enter is really starting to tick my little purple buttons, so, if it does it again, i am gonna need some help. yes, i tried editing, no good.

Funny, the biggest problem I have with line breaks (empty lines) is they increase with every edit/ quote. I often have to manually remove each extra blank line.

Cold Fusion, go figure! :-)

But shouldn't this discussion be moved to an appropriate thread so a not to kill this subject?

well, i do actually have evidence, but not in my possesion..it's that "booklet" that you were so happy about last time i mentioned it. it gives quite a bit of evidence in it. but i must say, the boklet is a christian booklet, so i doubt that you would even take it into concideration.

Hey, don't pull that trying to blame me stuff.

o i doubt that you would even take it into concideration

YOU are the one that wanted to drop religion out of the discussion.

But then you have nothing left. Remove the source that outright lied to you about STD's and put your entire age group into danger by intentionally spreading these lies, Remove that religious dogma and you have nothing left.

But we are willing to wait for this "evidence".

Now remeber, the thing is you can;t just work on DIS-proving Evolution, you need to have a fully functional replacement theory. No matter how badly supported Evolution may be (and it is actually extremely well supported), unless there is something to replace it in all aspects, it stays in place.

So prove the alternative for us.

yes, i know that, it is also teh sme way einstein was able to disprove newton's laws, by having a replacement and by proving how he was incorrect. and, yes, let us drop the christian stuff then, it would be a simple way to solve problems and i ow i was the one who asked for it.

say, i've come up with a thought, perhaps it may shed some light on the "billion year old light" that you were talking about. perhaps...now this isn't very well thought out....when the big bang exploded it took, let's say, one week for the reverberations in the center to calm down compared to teh reverberation on the outer edge of the universe. and, as einstein said, when things move faster they slow down relative to otehr objects. so, let's say we are the center of the universe, well, out galaxy, (hypothetical), time would seem to be moving very much slower on the outer edge of the universe compared to us, so, when we look out there it seems as though billions of years are taking place, when, in reality, it's only been a couple thousand years. now, disregarding all of the "facts" we may have here on earth about how old the earth is, and let's just say that this galaxy is the center of the universe, jsut work with me here, would that not be a very good answer to your question?

Tormod: I suspect there is a browser issue here.

Can't be. I am using the most advanced, most stable, and most compatible browser in the world....AOL! ;-) I'm a little ashamed to admit that!

Okay, I used the QUOTE button. Just above I used the paragraph tag. Now I am going to try to skip a line by using the enter key...here goes...

Did it work?