Science Forums

The edge of space

amt7565

Not because they aren't predictable systems, but because we can't know all of the factors.

Sorry, that amounts to the same thing. If you don't, and also can't know all of the factors, then this means it's an unpredictable dynamic system.

Something which does repeat is potentially predictable.

Something which does not ever exactly repeat is totally and infinitely unpredictable.

Last time I looked the small-scale cosmos exists everywhere within the large scale, so I really don't se any point in people making this false distinction between scales here.

Can you exactly predict when the next visible mag 1 supernova will detonate, or when the next neutrino will be detected at Super-K observatory?

Right?

The large scale contains the small scale.

The small scale implications are also reflected within the large scale observations of such inexact unpredictability of dynamics.

The NET result is profound randomness for all scales (ultimately), due to waves in all of that space, exhibiting as infinite non-predictability, everywhere.

I’d like to get one thing clear here, an electromagnetic wave can have a wavelength of ten kilometers or more, so don’t imagine that such randomness is restricted to just <10^-6 m, or so. A 10 km EM wave is still a photon and all photons have a randomly cyclic unpredictable polarity orientation at any moment. The uncertainty principle clearly does apply to this large scale 10 km wavelength photon.

Can a finite volume, such as a coffee mug’s, contain infinity?

Obviously not.

Yet, can a merely (and illogically) alleged finite cosmos contain a non-repeating infinite wave randomness in that space?

Not a chance.

i like to think about it like a fractal, the closer you look and expect it to be less complex the more you notice its still complex, extrapolating backward all you see are how the energetic interactions of those very small structures, be they molecules atoms, strings etc, they have to be taken into context, the entirity of the system has to be considered, to be able to understand an tiny part of it. but all at once each eletrctron must be understood at once not individually.

or it can be compared to an avalanche or rockslide.

the tiny particulate matter moves like a fluid at the bottom while the top can remain near motionless unless the ground below is not flat, even then the bottom is extremely active while the top is much less active.

you can study the motion of the near liquid activity of the hot bottom layer but trying to explain what if anything one tiny rock has to do with the whole land slides motion, direction, power, is absurd.

Do you intresting in to create an other independent Universe?

Universes?

'UNI' means one

It does not mean two.

There can only be one infinite totality.

How can a random universe, with no limit to its extent, have room left over for another?

Randomness implies infinity, which implies there can only be one space.

A suggestion that there is more than one space would be either speculation, or else, one of the delusional quantitative models (which all of necessity assume a limit or artificial boundary) being inappropriately applied to the totality.

well

as they said creating another universe is impossible

if you are thinking about another physical one

to be literal you could create another universe on paper.... i.e. fiction.

creating another physical universe though... knowing very little about the small fraction that we can study of an infinite universe... how is that not nonsensical?

Sorry, that amounts to the same thing. If you don't, and also can't know all of the factors, then this means it's an unpredictable dynamic system.

Something which does repeat is potentially predictable.

Something which does not ever exactly repeat is totally and infinitely unpredictable.

Last time I looked the small-scale cosmos exists everywhere within the large scale, so I really don't se any point in people making this false distinction between scales here.

Can you exactly predict when the next visible mag 1 supernova will detonate, or when the next neutrino will be detected at Super-K observatory?

Right?

Can you predict when my finite digestive system will pass gas again? I'd sort of like to avoid another embarassing date this weekend. :rant:

Infamous!

What's your intresting area, in a scientific word?

I mean probably your knowledge limited if you seriously think this is a nonsense.....

: )

Csongor

My interests are varied but, in a word, I would have to say gravity.

BTW, my comment was not directed at the title of this thread but rather, I was just interjecting a little sarcasm with regard to some comments made by one of the participants in this thread. This in no way has any relationship to any comments which you have personally make yourself........have a good day, Csongor.

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Nivi!

Do you think do we have infoes about the edge of the space on the earth?

The Earth is close to a sphere. There is no edge on the surface since you can continue going around and around. The atmosphere actually doesn't end, it simply grows weaker until it merges with the gases between the planets. The edge of the earth's gravity also has no edge but merges with gravity from other parts of the solar system.

Hi Bobby!

Ok!

I mean do you think, everyting written down on the Earth about the existing Universe?

Or you belive to explorer the uknown Universe?

Csongor

If you don't know what others have already found, the odds of finding something new would be pretty low. Why not first find out what others say, then try to find something new?