Science Forums

Turtles Rampant

CraigD

post-1347-0-97299700-1351269004_thumb.jpg

My eye couldn't help but be caught by this coat of arms, from the side of the Blue Origin's crew capsule (that had a successful pad escape test last week), reminding me of hypography's own rampant turtle, Turtle.

"gradually" (or "step-by-step"), "ferociously", or is a pretty good motto.

That is cool, it's difficult to imagine but turtles are voracious predators, I've kept common box turtles for many years and they will capture and eat amazingly fast animals...

• 1 month later...

Mr. Turtle...aka....Mr. Turtle. This little guy was an involuntary rescue of sorts. His previous keeper no longer wanted him and insisted that in exchange for a couple 55 gallon tanks I was trying to get him to part with I would have to adopt this little guy. In the 10 years I've had the little fella he's grown on me and taught me a few things.

1. Turtles can be very stubborn when the mood strikes them.

2. Turtles are pretty smart. (I've seen him do some pretty creative things trying to get to tasty tank mates, and he seems to know it's supper time before I even approach his tank to get out his food).

3. Turtles like company. (he keeps a goldfish...he's eaten everybody else in the tank but refuses to eat the last goldy which has been there for months)

4. Turtles can be quite quick when they want to. (particularly at feeding time!)

5. Turtles can whistle...took forever to figure out it was him.

Edited by DFINITLYDISTRUBD

• 2 months later...