Science Forums

Space Ends

zazzzoom

actually our universe has an end, it has the shape of an oval, it's shape as an oval means that there are other universes beyond it, the problem here is " what is the system that includes all these universes, does is have an end or its just infinite "...

No, it doesn't mean anything is beyond it. You and I may believe there are other universes but we can never know and it cannot be proven.

I believe the system is space, it is infinite and contains all matter and energy. I believe our universe is a local collection of matter and energy in the space our universe occupies. I think that space goes on and holds other colllections or bubbles of matter and energy that would be other universes. That is only my opinion though.

No, it doesn't mean anything is beyond it. You and I may believe there are other universes but we can never know and it cannot be proven.

I believe the system is space, it is infinite and contains all matter and energy. I believe our universe is a local collection of matter and energy in the space our universe occupies. I think that space goes on and holds other colllections or bubbles of matter and energy that would be other universes. That is only my opinion though.

I must agree with you on this C1ay, but isn't it funny how people are always asking questions about things they assume have no answers. It's our nature I quess, for the greatest questions and mysteries of nature hold for us a fascination we can't resist. I suppose we all hold out some hope that in the end, nothing will be beyond our understanding.

yeah, you're right, it cannot be proven "at least for now"

but there must be something beyond it since it has an end, because if nothing is beyond it then the universe should be infinite, and it's not, so there must be something beyond it, and one day science will prove or disprove that.

I believe the system is space, it is infinite and contains all matter and energy. I believe our universe is a local collection of matter and energy in the space our universe occupies. I think that space goes on and holds other collections or bubbles of matter and energy that would be other universes. That is only my opinion though.

we can say that the many universes are among a total system of infinite space, but we can't be sure -due to some limitations- that this space system is really infinite and isn't included in another system.

yeah, I know, it's really complex, it all seems difficult to be answered, since we are bounded by enormous distances within our own universe.

May i bring in my opinion to this discussion? This is a little unrational, but what if space was infinite, but the universe itself is so mindbogglingly big that even our telescopes cant see the other... you know what, since this is my idea that i think noone else has ever had, ill need a name for the universe we have seen... hmmmmmmm...... i htink ill call all the galaxies that have spread out from the BIg bang and every other theoretical set of galaxies... hmmm.. how about Manas? :o So...

So... if hypothetically my theory was correct, then the universe which is all space in existence is actually a pardon the expression.. helluvalot bigger than what we can see with our all powerful telescopes. Thusly, if this was true, then there could quite possibly be many Manas in the universe which are seperated by many googol of light years. I guess to make this easier i might as well make a hypothetical system of measurement for such extreme distances. I think i'll my new unit a thing called a light-era. This is equal to the amount of space light can travel in exactly 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years. Thats 1 X 10 to the 30. :o

So... if there are indeed more Manas, then i guess it is possible that space and the universe is either to big to comprehend, or is infinite. I think it would be more comforting if it was simply just really really big.:o

Anyway... this is all just my opinion i choose to add on this subject. :shrug:

first off, your theory is not a theory, it's an idea.

and your idea of "manas" light years apart sounds like galaxies to me.

and the universe is huge, i don't think that the human mind can even comprehend in their minds the size of the universe. and just because something is big, doesn't mean it's infinite.

and also, what was irrational about the above posts? :shrug:

I believe that in another thread having to do with atoms, smallest particles, etc., mention was made in reference to an instance in which an entire system can engulf itself and start back at the beginning. for instance: atoms>earth>solarsystem>galaxy>universe>interactions of multiple universes>....names forthings begin to run out about here, but things could be so collosal that it could be decided that there is no end. i know my example does not justify a system engulfing itself, but i, in my own mind, cannot decide how that sort of a system could possibly work. (i think i may go off somewhere and question dimensions....)

this is all just my opinion i choose to add on this subject. :note:

actually, even hypothetical theories are based on facts, they mayor may not be proven as facts, but they have some rules to be called theories and these rules include being based on facts.

I think your statement above is accurate in the "opinion" part, you know it's not wrong to state what you think, but you must name your statement as what it really is

space and the universe is either to big to comprehend, or is infinite

space is deferent from the universe, so you can't mention them as one thing, and "big to Comprehend" is way much different than "infinite", this is because big is a relativity statement, this means that some thing could be "big to Comprehend" compared to something, but can be relatively small compared to another thing.

I believe that in another thread having to do with atoms, smallest particles, etc., mention was made in reference to an instance in which an entire system can engulf itself and start back at the beginning. for instance: atoms>earth>solarsystem>galaxy>universe>interactions of multiple universes>....names forthings begin to run out about here, but things could be so collosal that it could be decided that there is no end. i know my example does not justify a system engulfing itself, but i, in my own mind, cannot decide how that sort of a system could possibly work. (i think i may go off somewhere and question dimensions....)

yes, based on observation of atoms, solar system and galaxies, we can say that every system is included in another system.

would that mean that the number of systems in infinite while every system on its own is finite?