Science Forums

Dreams that come true.

infamous

I have had many dreams in my lifetime that have come to fruition. I realize that this is not all that uncommon for us humans to experience. Even though it is by scientific terms, unexplainable, it certainly does occur with a frequency that has an underlying cause or, it may only be coincidential. Has anyone here also had such events occur within their experience and would you like to tell us about your dreams.

___I only recently realized that only memebers can view Lounge threads, so even though we have a thread there on dreams, this is a good general topic. In post #39 of that thread is a dream I think may be prophetic, but which han't yet occured. If it appears in this post, I worked some magic, otherwise I will have to post again.

___I cannot offhand recall a prophetic dream fullfilled, but I will have to think on it. :xx:

A random memoir of a singular dream.

___I find myself in a building, cement, & I meet a gentleman & he offers me a drink; I accept it & we drink. He bids me follow him into the building & we descend some stairs & some clothing is on the floor; I pick up a jacket that was mine & find a paper of some kind in the pocket. The gentleman urges me on & I follow him into dark corridors until we emerge into an open lighted rather large room. Many people here; children playing a ball game in a clear central court. We walk along the edge of the court to the back of the room where several men huddle around a generator;they can't get it started. I look closely at it and see a small cover plate & pry it open with my large folding knife. Inside is a petcock for the fuel they overlooked; I turn it open & they start the machine. I move off down the other side of the court in the direction I came & there I stop to talk to some old women. The topic turns to shaving & I tell them about my 90 year old Gillette twin edge razor. They question its efficacy, but I assure them it is a good shave. Moving off again, as I cross the court, a large black dog approaches me & I put out my hand which he takes in his mouth & he then leads me back to the first gentleman I encountered. He bids me follow him again & we move deeper into a cavernous basement with many doors & passages; sounds & light from one door but he passes by & I follow. The floor turns to dirt & soon the walls give way first ahead & then to the right as we emerge from under the building onto a hill overlooking a river. The ground is covered in snow & across the river a few buildings with lighted windows. As we move off through the snow on a small path, the gentleman tells me as he nods across the river, "they hardly ever come out". I awake with a start.

its been explained to me that we possibly repeat dreams often without remembering them. and when a waking event resembles them we are reminded, and get the willies thinking it's a premonition. ive never dreamt anything so accurately before it happenend (fiddlesticks, i fly every night in my dreams).

my dream fetish is the realisation of lucid dreaming. has anyone heard of or mastered this technique?? a friend of mine recently did (and his first directive as god of his universe was 'GIRLS!!!) and found himself questioning reality like he never had before. id like to know if dreams can be predictive before i lucid dream

___I only recently realized that only memebers can view Lounge threads
Unless something has changed, Lounge threads are readable by anyone, you just can't post there unless you're a member....

Cheers,

Buffy

• 2 weeks later...

While i myself have not had, or more likely simply cannot remember having had any lucid dreams, i have had many experiences of precognition, both about small thing and large. i generally get small ones every month or so, and large ones 3 to 4 times a year. by small, i simply mean things like knowing i am going to meet someone, even though i know they live a long way away and thinking that they are at home, but unconciounsly knowing i willl see them, or knowing my result in a test, down to the exact percentage even before it has been marked. i, along with my family, also experience telepathy to a certain scale. for example, me and my mother both contacted a friend who we had not seen for a long time, and had not even mentioned, within the space of a few minutes.

when i was younger, i was also able to read my twin sister's mind pretty accurately. i used to feel her emotions, even when separated from her, and if we were playing 'i spy' i would know what she had chosen the instant she had chosen it, before she had even said the starting letter.

also, when i was very young, i described the life of someone else who had died a few years before, down to small details, even of my death. when i was just able to hold a crayon i drew pictures of soldiers parachuting during the war, before i could talk. it seems that in a 'previous life' i was a fighter pilot, who was shot down over the channel. i can remember little now, but when i was just able to talk i even gave names of people, who it turned out we loosely knew.

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt it very much. I think if we dream something that happens in real life a day or two later, it's purely coincidental. The fact that it did turn out, amazes us - and makes us remember the dreams that came true coincidentally, and forget the other 364 dreams we had that year. I can see absolutely no mechanism which would facilitate either predicting the future (like dreaming) or mind-reading or any of this. It's a good gimmick to make money from, though... astrology being a case in point.

I doubt it very much. I think if we dream something that happens in real life a day or two later, it's purely coincidental. The fact that it did turn out, amazes us - and makes us remember the dreams that came true coincidentally, and forget the other 364 dreams we had that year. I can see absolutely no mechanism which would facilitate either predicting the future (like dreaming) or mind-reading or any of this. It's a good gimmick to make money from, though... astrology being a case in point.

A dream that I had a few years back may, in fact, be coincidental, however, let me relate the details and you can be your own judge.

I was born in Missouri and lived there untill 1985 whereupon I decided to move to Ohio. After living in Ohio for a number of years and being quite out of touch with my birth family, I had a very disturbing dream one evening. I was in passenger plane "destination unknown" and my younger brother was in the seat across the isle from me. He was becoming violently ill and I was very distressed over the situation. I suddenly awoke in the middle of the night with a feeling of great concern on my mind.

The next morning, I could not shake my concern about this dream so I called my mother in Missouri to ask how everthing was back home. I was a little embarrassed to confess to her the reason for my call so I just let the conversation take it's course without telling her about the dream. When right in the middle of our conversation she began to tell me how my younger brother had taken a plane trip to Mexico and on the way back he had become violently ill. Upon landing in the USA, he was taken directly to the hospital where he later recovered.

Coincidence, maybe, but sometimes I think we use the word just to brush off what we don't understand. All I know is, that there was no information exchanged beforehand whereby I would have been priviledged to this information. Draw your own conclusions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i too have experienced many dreams which did come true. But it was all meaningless. long back i dreamt of my toothpaste falling on the floor, and it did . I dreamt of missing the bus and i did miss. i hope i will some day control my dreams and dream what i want to dream, no bull sh#t dreams . i have inumerous events when i have experienced things in my dreams beforehand. i myself need an explanation.

I've had a few dreams that seemed to come true. Like I dreamed about a person at work, the first time I remembered dreaming about the person, and the following day the person rang me up and asked me out.

I've heard that science has tried to explain these events......'non-localisation' or something... or maybe I was dreaming.

Kizzi

:shrug: