Science Forums

What is this? Oddly shaped Glass things

Well, I was browsing the section of Ebay where they have weird and unusual stuff (lots of heavy machinery being sold here for some reason) And I came across THIS item. Looks like some sort of wave testing device to me. The only information given is that it is a "CK model M4" the seller says.

Can you figure out what it is? Oh also the writing on it is in Portuguese, as far as I can tell, which means I googled a few words along with the word 'translation' and thats what it gave me.

The manufacturer's plate shows São Paulo - Brazil. So Portuguese is correct.

It looks weird. The custom-made case with the alligator-skin interior implies that it was expensive. The serial number 98MA0008 could translate to "1998 - device (or designer) MA - number 8", the low number implying either a prototype or a very short manufacturing run.

Apart from that, not a clue! And I'd like to know as well :read:

Oh! It's a autofrenetic bipolar mortistat.

I used to have one.

It's basically used to measure the decrease in the body's electrical charge when the soul leaves the body.

;)

must be a buddhist or hindu version then because the second dial looks to me like it's labeled "frequency" and you would only need more than one setting if you have reincarnation. :agree: