Science Forums

Ten Simple Machines, One Ultimate Function.

But it was confusion while in an altered state of mind and that altered state was caused by a"mind altering substance. I personally don't find this offensive at all, but you are representing Hypography as a Junior Moderator and there may be other members that find this offensive. It might be best to just change it.

I'm sorry if I came off as scolding you, it really doesn't matter to me, but my mom was reading that thread along with me and she didn't feel it was an appropriate comment for someone to make any where and felt that I should bring it up. She isn't here now though and I can honestly say that I and probably 97% of the world's population doesn't care.

Still working on ideas...

Rube isn't helping much either, those machines can be pretty complex. I'm only in High School, I don't need to build a machine that will take a week to create and then only perform whatever it is going to do for 45 seconds. I'll think of something though.

Thanks again for the ideas, I'm getting my creative genius back after killing it off over Spring Break.

Definitely, that's how I've been doing it. I just can come up with any "good" ideas.

Making scrambled eggs...................Building a paper airplane............................Constructing itself........ ..............Maybe a simple dominoes machine?................................Drawing a certain design........

I just can't think of anything that really stands out, although am tinkering with the possibility of creating a machie that would then create itself and then begin it's final function (i.e. stirring chocolate milk) and have it start by just pulling a string or something.

A liitle less than the prior post but, yeah, I can still see what you're trying to say. And that's the type of machine I'm trying to build, I still just can't think of anything like that and find a way to use all ten simple machines to create it but I am brainstorming now and I have put together about three machines just to see if it would work. Unfortunately they haven't. I'll have it done by the end of the week though.

___Rereading your first post Darkmind I submit your machine doesn't need to 'do' anything, ie. anything other than have the interaction of parts.

___Taking apart a small toy may give you some ideas as many of the classes you mention find utility there.

___How much restriction do you have on using pre-existing parts? I'm thinking of if you could combine several mechanical toys that use different classes.

___Let us know how it's going!