Science Forums

Hi All!

evilbitz

How are you doing? :)

I'm Guy from Israel, I'm really happy to be here!

For a long time I wanted to join such a forum and after browsing it for a little bit I've seen many interesting discussions!

I'm a student at the moment (second year of biotechnology engineering), I worked at a hitech company prior to my studies. Basically, I'm a low-level hard core programmer :)

But now it's time for hacking nature!

I have a lot of questions/ideas and I hope I can learn/contribute from/to this forum!

See ya ;-)

Hacking nature? Is that like hacking brush? (You don't need to answer that.)

Welcome to Hypography!

--lemit

Hacking brush sounds vaguely obscene, but then "hacking nature" sounds like a good description for the obscene state of nature these days. The hacking nature of our climate and civilization in general also come to mind.

But hacking nature -biomimicry, in my mind- is a pretty neat ethic, I think.

Nature is usually a lot more efficient at energy conversion, than we are with our technologies. Learning to mimic nature's tricks would be a good strategy to "develop" our civilization; as opposed to "growing" our current inefficiencies to accomodate society's needs.

Photosynthesis, spider webs, teeth, and seashells are all pretty neat tricks that we could learn from. Graphene....

Whoops, I'm babbling....

Welcome E-bitz!