Science Forums

Hello Hypography members.

Experiment Garden

Hello,

My name is Nathan and I am a college student as well as the author of Experiment Garden, a popular science / programming / art blog.

I found this forum through a Google search for "sociology forums". I am currently doing a sociology survey on the demographics of the social networks MySpace and Facebook as well as why members of these networks prefer one network over another. I am interested in getting participants of all types, so I would be most gratified if you participated.

The survey is located at:

Social Network Survey - MySpace vs Facebook

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the forum. For now I'm off to the sociology board to check it out. B)

Thanks a lot. Now that I have more than ten posts I'll see if I can figure out how to upload a custom avatar. Supposedly I should be able to now, no? Yet I don't see any option on the avatar page. :naughty:

Edit:

Nevermind. I guess it just took a few minutes for the forum to catch up and realize that I had made more than ten posts. :)

Thank you Lemit, both for the welcome and the survey submission!

I have done some limited research into the demographics of the two networks but its hard to find accurate information and even what information is available is of dubious quality. So right now I am trying to get people's impression of the demographics of each network. Right now the survey that I am submitting is mainly focused on the opinions of people who use MySpace and Facebook. I'm interested in why people who use MySpace prefer it over Facebook and I'm interested in seeing if they think that MySpace is becoming a digital ghetto compared with Facebook.

I'm glad you like the project idea, Lemit. I'll have to post a thread with more information about it. :naughty: