Science Forums

A "pulling field" spaceship

Paulybadboy

Moderation note: the first 3 posts of this thread were moved from the “spaceship design” poll thread, because that thread was overdue to be closed.

Why create a space craft fly through space? the fact is Gene Rodenbury, I think was very close to the fact on space travel.

I am not able to afford any of my ideas persay, but here is my idea in a nutshell:

space flight using any modern form of engine is useless, because it uses a vast amount of fuel, which costs weight space for storage and limits the engines speed as well as distance.

lets think outside of a box, way out side of a box. lets think of pulling a ship along, using a pulling field, it would only increase speed to match the field that is pulling the ship.

seeing the field is created by the ship, it only makes sense that the ship moves forward, the field moves forward with the ship at the set speed and then amplifies on a compound factor.

basically this will only limit the compounding speed to the limits of the subproccessors of the computer framework utilizing the shipboard functions. at my present guesses I am estimating just shy of the speed of light with a dual core 3 gig processor. mind you this is also under the limits of the wiring, in our example it would have to be a fiber optic system and even then it may run a little slow causing a cascade effect which could knock the engines (field) offline and a full reset of the systems (to say the least).

if a "cascade" effect comes about this is lethal to say the least for a ship such as this because without the "warp bubble" pulling this ship along. the ship would be open for even so much as a grain of dust to litterally flow through the ship like a bullet through a piece of paper.

the "bubble" effect is actually a warp field cause by the pulling field created by this controlled energy burst. the bubble would act as shields as long as the system is funtional.

the "bubble" could be produced forward of the ship, behind the ship, left, right, etc. the limits of directions are only where the energy emitters could be stationed.

the bubble would also increase in comparrison by speed, to the point it would act as a deflector shield. at one point it theoretically could be used as a defensive shield....may even deflect as much as a direct nuclear hit.....of course that would depend on speed. field intensity, angle, projection of shields, and rift.

now keep in mind that a "warp bubble" also would by theory, create a form of gravity, I am not sure how much nor if it can be controlled, afterall this is in a theory form, no one could afford this type of project at this point of time anyhow.

the biggest point to this field engine is this....the ship doesn't need any particular shape. In theory, it could look like a disc, to help with the gravity control. it could be the shape of a cigar, or a Ball, such as in WWII - foo fighters. Which is a legend, but I believe they were more than that by far.

In fact, the ship would need the engines to slow down, or stop. the field emitters, set off in a full force, directional pulse, could even act as a defensive weapon especially if it is set at a pin point location with full force, figure a "Punch" flying at an object at or near the speed of light....I would imagine it would be quit deadly.

can you imagine flying to Pluto in less than ten minutes? Can you imagine thrust would not be needed to leave a planets gravity? this ship could be almost any size with this type of engine.

Directional thrusters? not even reasonable due to fuel consumption vs weight x gravity / burst length.

a pulling engine is set up as a "conductive" system, it would conduct energy that sub support systems would be able to "recharge" off of, or supply direct power too, no a/c all D/C power....and we all know d/c power is also more compatible with heat, cold, water/moisture, etc. this ship would stand a strong chance of "water" moisture build up within the heated -vs.- non heated locations on board the ship.

I have not figured out the oxygen issues as of yet, nor food supportive systems, but with this type of power supply....who knows what could happen.

Really the term "bubble" is not even a true example. the best example of this "Pulling" system would be like putting to magnets together they would repel each other. now picture at the same time, the "magnets" would push anything out of their way as they move forward, hence "a deflector shield".

The interesting point to this is that most of the technologies are available now, some are under testing for different uses (hence - limited imaginations) some are not mentioned on the internet, some have been in use since 1980's by believe it or not GM up in Michigan. their tech center has a interesting conponent needed to make this work.

as for the engines per-say? that would need some imagination, a good team of people who could do some piecing together of different designs with their own processors and programs, work them into a main control system and a main control unit. These systems would have to work together in a long series to make the entire "drive" to work as one giant "propulsion" system.

Can this be done anytime soon? yes! how long before the full plans of how to piece it all together? within a few years (if that-depending on access to research data and plans), a full diagnostic diagram (blueprints) can be made, then it is simply up to whoever is assigned to build this system and ship to build it.

I honestly feel within 15 years we could be looking at the first long range space craft could be built.

that would only limit our range to food and air systems. I have no knowledge on how to make that part work for long range travel.

Do I have some Idea how to make what I have described? yes, to a point! truthfully, this type of work can only be done with government support, and government capability of producing access to the information needed.

I hope this is the kind of thing this site is looking for.

By the way, I mentioned the power output of the system would be capable of operating the ship. yes it would, it would act in a similar manner as a "giant alternator". the magnetics of the pulling field would be the conductors of this alternator system.

and here is an example of speed of shipboard systems:

ships starts with a small tug of forward movement.

next step is that tug plus a small tug plus that existing forward movement.

next step is that tug plus that tug plus a small tug plus that existing forward movement.

it sounds flawed don't it....I thought so to but this is not the case, since the system is on board the moving ship, the motor will continue to speed up and the faster it speeds up the more it still can speed up. its limit is when the speed hits a point the computer cant keep up with the movement plus speed plus movement calculations.

even though this design and idea don't matter, after all, what? the government is going to read these posts and knock on someones door and say we are putting you on a special team to produce this ship? right......

one more thing to cause worry, without inertia dampeners......you would be crushed to death upon acceleration of this ship, and believe me it would accelerate very quickly. exponentially to be exact.

0 to speed of light within seconds, minutes to say the least.

the next question? tractor beams? possible on this ship? theoretically at least, we would just have to extend the "bubble" around both of the objects, in this case a ship and the second object. my only worry is what if the two object bump due to one pulling faster than the other. this could be deadly at the very least.

you know, your right, this "bubble" would act as a inirtia stabelization field as well wouldn't it.

I just did a quick glance at my notes and you are absolutely correct about that.

now, for the next question about your "space ship", the food and oxygen supply on the ship. how would this be accomplished? I have not seen a serious post on that yet.

I thought about what submarines use, but they actually filter air from the water around them. A space ship will not work in that manner. admittedly, we can filter the air for reuse multiple times, but it will still have a limit of use and time. What is the plans as they stand for this issue?

I have heard throught the grapevine that some research has been done on food processors that may one day create food from energy, but I have also heard from sources, they are a long way away. In fact, I heard they will not have a functional one anytime in the next ten or even 20 years.

But i also heard that out in the dessert at area 51, they have one in the US posession that has yet to be debugged and put back into use, damaged after the "crash", and they seem to not have a power supply that is comperable to this devise. I don't think our guys at 51 are using a DC field amplified generating system. Heck, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think they even thought of a DC amplified system...in other words a system that is not 12, 24, 36 or 48 volt but, a system that runs a constant 120 -240 watts in a DC current. It may even be more watts...who knows without being there.

maybe with reverse engineering with a strong imagination would help, but then again according to our government, this base don't even exist.....

so, who has figured out the air and food?

The Alcubierre drive has a very real problem: Avoiding contradiction means you cannot interact outside the bubble when flying - no navigation, no steering; braking left as an exercise for the alert reader. Supercavitating torpedoes have similar problems, solved by compromising the bubble (no braking necessary). The universe does not tolerate contradiction, absolutely.

Alcubierre drive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Alcubierre drive has a very real problem: Avoiding contradiction means you cannot interact outside the bubble when flying - no navigation, no steering; braking left as an exercise for the alert reader. Supercavitating torpedoes have similar problems, solved by compromising the bubble (no braking necessary). The universe does not tolerate contradiction, absolutely.

Alcubierre drive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am not sure I agree with you in the no steering aspect. If you have emitters around the ship, you can have the computer "wean" the field from one emitter, and then "wean" in another from another spot on the ship thus controlling the pulling field and thus steering the ship.

When it comes to Supercavitating. There is the chance of that admittedly, though I find that would be more less caused by slow reaction at controlling the field by the computers which will cause a bumping, jaring, cavitating motion. I still feel this can be controlled by not allowing the ship to go out of the reaction time of the computers, hence it will not travel as fast as the drive can go.....at least not until the computers advance and reaction times of the computers, speed up.

Avoiding contradiction means you cannot interact outside the bubble when flying -

This is true, but it has positives as well as negatives, such as the "bubble" will shield from radiation from space, space debris, solar flares, and countless unknowns.

You are correct about the interaction such as firing some form of missile or "torpedo's", through the "bubble drive". which will make an attack impossible without dropping the "bubble". which in return will leave no "shields", unless it is timed down to Micro-seconds for a quick burst for "fire" then shields up again, and I am not sure how that would work with the speed of the drives coming online and then dropping off line.

once again, hard to define without a chance of working with a working model. I think it would be fun to figure out how to get around the negatives. I am still a firm believer in this drive design, the extra's that the drive offers far out way the negatives.

• 5 months later...

Steering is easily solved by distorting the bubble.

braking is easily solved by not moving relative to normative space time in the first place.

Sensing ahead of the space craft is the one problem thats not easily solved.

My solution is to tunnel a second and minor worm hole outside of the distortion

field, through a pseudo singularity where the propulsion wormholes cross cancel.

The universe abhors contradiction, but, all of the "rules" are elastic.

• 2 years later...

I have probably a very simply answered question which seems to elude me everytime i hear the statment of being crushed to death by speed in space... How do you get crushed to death if there is no gravity to create g forces? Is there a s force (space force opposed to gravitational force) sorry all can someone clear my mind on this one lol!

in my model, the speed is a realative thing, while the area that contracts is in a stable positioin, while the relative velocity within the changed vector, is still the same speed, but the distance traveled is increased due to the contraction of space,

in this system, this vector would have unique atributes, like air becoming solids, and space becomeing air and liquid,

while it would still be moveable, like liquid, the traveling in an atmosphere would be like cracking cement and traveling throught the crack,

K. So my next question is. Do light photons weigh zero and have no mass? How can something exist with no mass? It must be made of something? And something equals mass, so how come light does not become super heavy? From what i gathered it is saying that in a zero gravity with no resistance as in an air tight space vessel the air and particles stop acting like they normally do. Meaning just sitting at rest much like a fly in a car on the highway traviling at 100 km per hour he cant fly that fast but technically he is... Particles now in a non gravity zone act as though they are on the outside of the vehical compressing against something? That would mean at the speed of light everything becomes something similar to a black hole? Compressed and denser then its original form? And this warp drive idea prevents this by creating a super shield around the object fighting this effect? Sorry so many questions lol. Probably more to follower lol.

That would mean at the speed of light everything becomes something similar to a black hole? Compressed and denser then its original form?

interesting question, i ponder it like this, if the energy that tranduces between light and bound electron goes the speed of light, then it would be in photon form

so if the nucleas that the electron is attached to achieved the speed of light, then the electron would become a photon right?

but this is the field that surrounds an atom, whilel the field is present, atoms and molecules have specific interations, things that define

the universe as we know it, now if the potential for going faster than light happened, would everything fuse?

And this warp drive idea prevents this by creating a super shield around the object fighting this effect?

it shrinks space, and expands space

therefore, you are traveling solw, but you make distance because of the bend

• 2 weeks later...

Will an Ionocraft have any effect whatsoever in space? Does anyone know if nasa has done tests to see if it does anything? It is proven that it does not actually defy the laws of gravity... Maybe if there is dark matter or energey out there it might just have an effect out there? Heres a wiki link on it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ionocraft

Will an Ionocraft have any effect whatsoever in space? Does anyone know if nasa has done tests to see if it does anything? It is proven that it does not actually defy the laws of gravity... Maybe if there is dark matter or energey out there it might just have an effect out there? Heres a wiki link on it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ionocraft

No an Ionocraft will not work in a vacuum, see the show Mythbusters for a demonstration of this...

Sides lol i was not trying to make a hovercraft in zero gravity space lol thats ridiculous i was wondering what effect it does lol there are atoms an such floting around in space its not empty space. What effect does it have on other molecules? The ionizing effect should work with more then just air? Right?

Sides lol i was not trying to make a hovercraft in zero gravity space lol thats ridiculous i was wondering what effect it does lol there are atoms an such floting around in space its not empty space. What effect does it have on other molecules? The ionizing effect should work with more then just air? Right?

Outside the atmosphere the ions are too thin to allow the Ionocraft to operate.