Science Forums

Hello All

tedrick79

Hello I am Ted. I have served in the Air Force for the past 8 years - prior to that I was in the Marine Corps. I have a wife and two children.

I have always been interested in science. I used to read encyclopedias. Watch Bill Nye and Mr Wizard.

Where my questions began to arise was with religion. My wife was a Christian - I was not. I was left as a child to go as I pleased for the most part. When I did come to the knowledge of Christ I had to reckon that which I thought I knew to what I which I now believe.

Now I know that the most part of people think that religion and science are at odds. I would disagree. I think to a lot of people in science - science has become a god. More specifically the evolutionary theory is a god. It is worshipped and gives bountiful grants to those who serve it. There is no conspiracy though - just an academia undercurrent.

Creation science takes on the behemoth of a task in attempting to reconcile what modern science thinks it knows or assert that it knows. Against that which is in the Bible.

For a thousand years Christians were lazy - we were. We just told people to "can it" and believe the bible and it worked. Up until Darwin. You see Christian laziness allowed an idea vacuum to evolve. Since the Great Flood of 2348BC was so massively misunderstood - the earth was and is made out to be far older than what it is.

This trend continues today and the mere mention of creation, design, or bible - is enough to send schools into a panic. This Matter of Origins is scary. We have happened across an ordered universe with ordered life - but if someone notes the fact that the order has a meaning then he is branded RELIGION and tossed out.

So Origins is my field of study. I learned the Evolutionary model is school and it was taught to me as fact. I found that it had great holes in it after more careful examination and great assumptions as well.

Darwin actual used the phrase "let us assume" 800 or so times in Origin of the Species. He is also the key founder of racism. Race only exists after it is outlined by Darwin. Before we were just nations.

Now I am getting involved in Creation Science - not because I like being laughed at by my co-workers. I have taken it on because if I am to trust Christ with my soul - I should trust him with my science.

Try not to laugh me to scorn. This is an uphill battle and it has been 150 years in the making.

Hi Daniel! Welcome to the Lion's Den!

Be sure to read our rules: while you may consider certain sources to be "evidence" of the theories you mention, they won't be considered so here simply because you think they are.

You should also read through our archives of discussions on these topics, as most of them have been discussed to death already. Rather than repeating a year's worth of explanations for why "irreducible complexity" is not a scientific concept, you should read through the discussions we've had with folks that may be far more well-versed in the topic.

Have fun! :eek2:

Intolerance of ambiguity is the mark of an authoritarian personality, :eek2:

Buffy

Welcome and good luck!

I hope you can grow to accept us and we can grow to accept you. There should be enough room in our collective minds for what we believe to be and what we know to be, and they should be able to find their own spaces.

I didn't do the negative reps, but I'll apologize for them anyway. I don't think that's good hospitality.

--lemit