Science Forums

Hi

egben

Thanks for the nice welcome:). I live in Pasadena, California and I'm 20. I think I found Hypography in '07 after my friend mentioned this site during lunch. There was a thread in the Philosophy section that had him racking his brain all day. I don't remember the specific thread but I do remember spending an extra hour that I hadn't planned on this website. I was going to be a physics major in a Cal State but with the market, I couldn't afford college so I took a year off trying to save enough to be able to pay tuition and books. Luckily, I think I'll be able to start in the spring.

Hypography became a great reference tool for me and has answered many question I've had and I hope it helps prepare me for the coming semester. And since I want to focus more on the physical sciences in college, I think that this would be a good place to look into the other sciences and learn a little something from all fields.

Egben, actually you are following the best suggestion I ever got during my university studies: to understand what we are doing (e.g. playing around with some equations), you should read what popularized science says, then it is easier to grasp what all the equations are about...that is also how I landed here.

Welcome!