Science Forums

Hi!

niviene

hello! I found this place because I was looking for people that needed gmail accounts to get rid of my five-billion, and the search brought this site up... I decided to look around and I thought it was pretty neat. Normally I wouldn't have any time to go to a search engine, type something in, and click on "search"... the demands of my job and school keep me pretty much in a perpetual noose, but this is finals week, and I've just finished, so I get to breathe for a few days. B)

I am not in the science field, I am a law student, but science has always fascinated me. Well, while I do think almost all science is fascinating, I was never great at biological or chemisty-type sciences... but I love physics and anything related to math. That's right... I'm a real catch. :P

I work in law enforcement; I have no children; I am getting married in May of 2006 (as if planning a wedding is something I'll have time for!); and I really have a hard time making friends, because my head is either in a uniform hat or a book, and either way, it just seems very difficult for me to ever have the time to carry on a conversation, so I look for friends online, because sometimes they don't think I'm such a geek. Most people want to meet friends at a club... I prefer brains and sarcasm! :)

Well... that's all for me. I'll be back to see how many people threw tomatoes at me B)

hello! I found this place because I was looking for people that needed gmail accounts to get rid of my five-billion

That's a common problem with many of us that got GMail accounts early. I don't think I could get rid of all of mine on usenet. At least I have some if I run across someone that wants one. Welcome to Hypography B)

That's a common problem with many of us that got GMail accounts early. I don't think I could get rid of all of mine on usenet. At least I have some if I run across someone that wants one. Welcome to Hypography B)

Yea.. in the beginning, everybody wanted one, and I kept getting PMs in mirc begging for an invite, but I kept seeming to miss people... now I have all these invites, and nobody cares anymore B) I don't use it much, anyway, so I'm guessing that, like me, people got in and found out it was the same as other emails, just with a different URL.

*dances on the ceiling*

I think you're the first one to sign up and not just PM me with "I signed up, where is my gmail!!!! l00ser! I am L33t so send my gmail". Etc. Etc.

Welcome niviene. :eek: Glad to have you on board.

Oh yea.. sorry, I guess I forgot my place. Allow me to start again!

Hey! I signed up! where is my gmail, f00? :xx:

Just a question, for anybody who can help my poor sleep deprived brain - and I'm sure this is posted somewhere around here, but I'm terribly ill and haven't slept a wink despite my exhaustion, and being the genius that I am I took pain relievers that had a lot of caffeine in them, which worked for the pain but now I'll never sleep again... anyway, I can't post replies to some threads; it may be all threads because I don't have enough posts yet but I only tried on a couple.

And, if anyone else is awake, I'll make you some breakfast... :xx:

I can't post replies to some threads; it may be all threads because I don't have enough posts yet but I only tried on a couple.

You should be able to post in all of the forums except for the Lounge. Can you list some of the threads you couldn't post in?