Science Forums

Making sense of the Universe

Solve

Why are we suffering this crap? I thought this was a science site, not a science fiction site. (I really dislike science fiction, since it is generally used as a pass to ignore any or all of the accumulated knowledge of history and is therefore pretty unacceptable behavior in anybody over 12 years old, who would normally be admonished to act his or her age.)

Sorry, fellow Hypographers who like science fiction. I love you. It is only your science fiction that I hate.

Bless you.

--lemit

Why are we suffering this crap? I thought this was a science site, not a science fiction site. (I really dislike science fiction, since it is generally used as a pass to ignore any or all of the accumulated knowledge of history... ... ...

Because there are "big bad holes" in the "accumulated lnowledge of history".

We are trying to "fill" them and this could leave us for some unexpected ways, some of them treated with the help of "science fiction", do you mind? We are here in the "Alternative Theories" sub-forum. If you don't want to "waste your time" on them it's easy, just don't enter, just stay within the common sub-forums, but you know, may be someday you would need to enter here with some problem to treat and trying your own "unexpected way" because "normal ways" don't solve.

and is therefore pretty unacceptable behavior in anybody over 12 years old, who would normally be admonished to act his or her age.)

Sorry, fellow Hypographers who like science fiction. I love you. It is only your science fiction that I hate.

It's your opinion and your decision.

Does anybody knows about some experimental evidence towards or against this possibility?

For example about collisions between stars, have some collisions between stars have been observed through telescopes?

Do the stars have some kind of "ellastic collision" where the two stars separate after the collission remaining quite as if they were before the collision or they "smash" one into the other remaining as one bigger star after the collision?

Is there some information about real collision between stars?

I made a search in the web but only found computational simulations of stars' collisions only (with theoretical assumed models of course)...