Science Forums

Alah´s introduction

alah

• 2 months later...
Welcome!

What kind of gardening do you do?

I'm impressed by your English, which I assume is a second language. Is my assumption correct?

Again, welcome.

--lemit

Hi, Lemit. I really love agriculture. Besides that it´s good enough business all over the world. My intention is moving to the countryside where I surely wouldn´t be on of the 40 people assasinated each wekend!

You´re not the first one to say it but my English is due my education at Trinidad from 5 to 15 years old. Thanks.

I was raised on a farm in the U.S. Midwest, in Missouri, part of which I inherited from my parents. I don't live there. I live in a college town 700 miles away, but I have a very small garden every year, to keep some dirt under my fingernails.

Where I come from, "garden" means vegetables. Flowers are in flower beds.

So, what kind of work do you? I hope it isn't something that could make you liable to be one of those assassination victims.

Good luck!

--lemit

I was raised on a farm in the U.S. Midwest, in Missouri, part of which I inherited from my parents. I don't live there. I live in a college town 700 miles away, but I have a very small garden every year, to keep some dirt under my fingernails.

Where I come from, "garden" means vegetables. Flowers are in flower beds.

So, what kind of work do you? I hope it isn't something that could make you liable to be one of those assassination victims.

Good luck!

--lemit

Just hope that I´m doing this the right way. I suppose you talking about gardening.

Since quite a long time ago I´ve been studying hydroponics, aquaponics, cloning, etc.

As products and US$ are difficult to obtain here, it´s just been theoretical.

But I found a website about tissue culture which IS very interesting and the necessary products nothing like pricey. I get so absorbed, I almost forget evreything else.

Another interesting topic is Biochar and Wood Vinegar. It takes too much time.

What I hope to accomplish is micropropagate some plants like ( I don´t know how you call it, not even here ) but it decorates tables and gardens and anythig in Christmas because it´s green leaves all turn red in December. You should check these:

Micropropagation by Tissue Culture and BioChar...

At your own risk, cause you might forget everything ( just like me ) and RUN back to your farm.

Just hope that I´m doing this the right way. I suppose you talking about gardening.

Since quite a long time ago I´ve been studying hydroponics, aquaponics, cloning, etc.

As products and US$ are difficult to obtain here, it´s just been theoretical.

But I found a website about tissue culture which IS very interesting and the necessary products nothing like pricey. I get so absorbed, I almost forget evreything else.

Another interesting topic is Biochar and Wood Vinegar. It takes too much time.

What I hope to accomplish is micropropagate some plants like ( I don´t know how you call it, not even here ) but it decorates tables and gardens and anythig in Christmas because it´s green leaves all turn red in December. You should check these:

Micropropagation by Tissue Culture and BioChar...

At your own risk, cause you might forget everything ( just like me ) and RUN back to your farm.

looks a'right to me. so far, so good. :eek2: i think i've seen some of that tissue culturing on a science tv program. little snippets of plant put in petri dishes with "goo" on revolving tray sets under a bright light. a few weeks of that & little plants develop and they go into little pots and everything as usual for a nursery after that. :Alien:

sounds like you may have the poinsettia in mind?

Euphorbia pulcherrima - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

looks a'right to me. so far, so good. :eek2: i think i've seen some of that tissue culturing on a science tv program. little snippets of plant put in petri dishes with "goo" on revolving tray sets under a bright light. a few weeks of that & little plants develop and they go into little pots and everything as usual for a nursery after that. :Alien:

sounds like you may have the poinsettia in mind?

Euphorbia pulcherrima - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just understood what you meant by poinsettia. Is that how you call this Christmas plant?.

While I was answering I was watching CNN. They were talking about an EcoCocina.

That´s the principle of making BioChar. You just char ( NOT! burn wood ) in abscence of oxigen. You can also make methane gas from organic wastes.. Like Cow, Pig, Cicken and even Human excrete ) The byproduct is a highly concentrated fertilizer!

Anyway, it´s Wednesday 3:00am over here. I´m not sleepy yet, but what the heck?