Science Forums

Any astronomers???

Noah

• 2 weeks later...

I am only an amatuer astronomer. I had thought about being a professional astronomer, but I read something that said even with a Ph. D you only have a 25% chance of getting a job as an astronomer. Right now I am in a community college getting my basics. I thought about going to England in three or four years and going to Cambridge University.

Noah

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! Are you really studying to be an astrophysicist too? So am I!!! I'm in my first year of college and that's been my dream for yeeeeears and yeeeears. How did you become interested in astronomy? What subjects do you take? I take advanced maths extended, physics, chem and english. And it first became my passion through star trek, i'm proud to say *grin*

Great to know there's someone else like me!

Clear skies,

Reets

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Any Astronomers?

I have been told by paranoid people in my area that the earth is wobbling more than

it should. One friend seems to think the sun sets at an odd place for this time of year.

I figure that only asronomers would know that. I could use an astronomer's help on this.

Thanks

E

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Scared to go on planes? Is this fear about 3 years old, or have you always had it?

I ask because my oldest daughter used to love to fly, but has had a great fear of it since 9/11. I know of many other people that also share that as a new fear.

Like Blame, I'm not afraid of planes. I am, however, afraid of falllllllling (well, I guess that doesn't mesh with my unexplainable love of bungee jumping, and my lifelong dream to skydive, huh?)