Science Forums

All metaphysical/paranormal phenomena explained

soulman

All metaphysical phenomena (all) are characteristics, traits, abilities or experiences of our spiritual nature, emanating from our souls.

The reasons we are so confused by the variety of metaphysical/spiritual phenomena is because religions, primarily Christianity, especially the Roman Catholic Church, banned most of our important spiritual abilities and traits as "heretical,’ “demonic,” or “no longer occurring.”

I've just completed a trilogy of books jointly entitled Awakening The Soul explaining the history behind this suppression, and providing a channeled method to overcome it. These books posit four things:

1. All "metaphysical phenomena" (also described as paranormal phenomena, psi, psychic event, parapsychology, etc.) is actually our spiritual nature at work.

2. Religions suppressed awareness of our spiritual nature by making almost everything metaphysical off-limits, sinful or evil, and intimidated science into not investigating metaphysical phenomena (our spiritual nature) under the penalty of death

3. This led to our current confusion and ignorance about our spiritual nature, with most of us thinking it is something outside ourselves, while in truth it is really our internal spiritual nature in action.

4. I provide remarkable spiritual tools to restore that spiritual nature, in Christian terms.

Book One: Proof of Our Spiritual Nature presents more than 80 differing examples of our metaphysical/spiritual nature, and explains 10 of them in depth.

Book 2: Our Suppressed Spiritual Nature reveals why we lost awareness of our spiritual nature, primarily through religious suppression for the last 2000 years.

Book 3: Restoring Your Spiritual Nature is a primarily channeled text providing exercises to restore our spiritual nature. It includes startling directions on how to reprogram the ego, and assign the Soul to be in charge of all our daily activities. It has been called “The key to the 12th Step” of AA and other addiction programs because it provides the necessary spiritual awakening.

Awakening The Soul: The Trilogy is now available, containing all three volumes in one 725-page reduced price text, with hundreds of new facts and enhancements.

Soul Theft: How Religions Seized Control of Humanity’s Spiritual Nature, a mainstream version of ATS: Book 2 is now also available.

A great deal of additional information can be found at:

awakeningthesoul.info

and a discussion group of like-minded individuals is at:

awakeningthesoul.ning.com

Questions are welcome!

All the books, and reduced-price E-books are available through the publisher,

( authorhouse.com ) which also provides the best (quickest) overall service.

Also available on Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc.,

Thanks!

Can you please define what you mean by soul or spiritual nature?

do you regard this as a function of the brain or a separate entity?

From Wiki

soul

The consensus among neuroscientists and biologists is that the mind, or consciousness, is the operation of the brain. They often fuse the terms mind and brain together as "mind/brain"[33] or bodymind. Science and medicine seek naturalistic accounts of the observable natural world. This stance is known as methodological naturalism[34]. Much of the scientific study relating to the soul has been involved in investigating the soul as a human belief or as concept that shapes cognition and understanding of the world (see Memetics), rather than as an entity in and of itself.

originally posted by soulman

I've just completed a trilogy of books jointly entitled Awakening The Soul explaining the history behind this suppression, and providing a channeled method to overcome it.

please explain channeled method, is this a form of Channeling?

Soul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pamela:

Thank you for your question. Now, my answers:

Your (and everyone's) spiritual nature is your individual portion of the energetic essence which powers all of humanity, and connects it with its cosmic source, which religions call "God" and many other names

It is expressed individually through your soul, which various beliefs state dwells within your physical body, or entirely encompasses your physical body. It is the portion of you that survives your physical death.

There is a growing belief that what we view as "mind" is actually a universal cosmic consciousness which we all share, and that the brain is the receptor of this shared consciousness' information. This theory explains how such "phenomena" as mental telepathy can operate.

Yes, a "channeled" method is one received through channeling, in which a voice speaks to your mind (as in my case) or complex thought-forms enter your mind (as in my case) which continue to arrive once the material is written down.

Hope this helps!

Namaskara, Soulman

from the soul

It is expressed individually through your soul, which various beliefs state dwells within your physical body, or entirely encompasses your physical body. It is the portion of you that survives your physical death.

How do you know that our "essence" exists beyond death?

There is a growing belief that what we view as "mind" is actually a universal cosmic consciousness which we all share, and that the brain is the receptor of this shared consciousness' information. This theory explains how such "phenomena" as mental telepathy can operate.

do you have a theory as to wavelengths and receptors that links to our brain being "hard wired" for this activity?

Yes, a "channeled" method is one received through channeling, in which a voice speaks to your mind (as in my case) or complex thought-forms enter your mind (as in my case) which continue to arrive once the material is written down

are you referring to a "spirit guide" or this information is coming from another human via telepathy?

Pamela:

There is a large body of evidence that our "essence" exists beyond death -- for it is the explanation for a variety of "paranormal" or "metaphysical" phenomena -- ghosts, apparitions, spirit communication, poltergeist activity, channeling, near-death experiences, etc.

No, I do not have a theory on how the mind-brain function works, except that there is a spiritual connection, not a hard-wiring. A variety of neuroscientists have identified the right temporal lobe of the brain as the receptor area for this communication.

Channeling, to my knowledge, occurs only between spiritual entities and the receiver, not as telepathy between humans.

Namaskara, Soulman

Originally posted by soulman

The is a large body of evidence that our "essence" exists beyond death -- for it is the explanation for a variety of "paranormal" or "metaphysical" phenomena -- ghosts, apparitions, spirit communication, poltergeist activity, channeling, near-death experiences, etc.

This is not empirical evidence. EMF readings do not substantiate this claim as far as ghosts and apparitions nor do faint images on photographs. What proof exists on Spirit communication?. If this is occuring then an extensive neurological as well as pyschological examination should be in order. Near death experiences can produce a new vigor at life, but the lights and tunneling effect are neurological. "Seeing" past loved ones at the time stems from the imagination and hope, but does not provide the necessary evidence to conclude that there is life after death

No, I do not have a theory on how the mind-brain function works, except that there is a spiritual connection, not a hard-wiring. A variety of neuroscientists have identified the right temporal lobe of the brain as the receptor area for this communication.
from Wiki

The temporal lobes are parts of the cerebrum that are involved in speech, memory, and hearing. They lie at the sides of the brain, beneath the lateral or Sylvian fissure.

The temporal lobe is involved in auditory processing and is home to the primary auditory cortex. It is also heavily involved in semantics both in speech and vision. The temporal lobe contains the hippocampus and is therefore involved in memory formation as well.

Temporal lobe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think it more importantly to look at the role of the neurotransmitters. Increased dopamine can trigger hallucinatory and auditory responses in the brain. This, however, does not give validity to the visions or the voices

from wiki

Abnormally high dopamine action has also been strongly linked to psychosis and schizophrenia, Dopamine neurons in the mesolimbic pathway are particularly associated with these conditions. Evidence comes partly from the discovery of a class of drugs called the phenothiazines (which block D2 dopamine receptors) that can reduce psychotic symptoms, and partly from the finding that drugs such as amphetamine and cocaine (which are known to greatly increase dopamine levels) can cause psychosis.

Dopamine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you have scientific data in support of the variety of neuroscientists research?

Pamela:

The is a large body of evidence that our "essence" exists beyond death -- for it is the explanation for a variety of "paranormal" or "metaphysical" phenomena -- ghosts, apparitions, spirit communication, poltergeist activity, channeling, near-death experiences, etc....

soulman,

you do not understand what "evidence" is.

If one were to believe that The Flying Spaghetti Monster is "real", then it would "explain" anything you want. It would explain ALL the paranormal events you have mentioned.

That is NOT evidence that The Flying Spaghetti Monster is "real".

That ANY theory explains something is NOT evidence for that theory.

Evidence must be obtained independently of the theory or belief.

Evidence must be such that it is true even if you DON'T accept the theory or belief.

Evidence must NOT rely on interpretation or opinion.

Evidence must have some form of physical, material or documentary existence, and should have independent verification from other evidence.

Anecdotes are NOT evidence. Anecdotes are just stories. They may be "true", but they're still just stories. People write stories about seeing Bigfoot, being abducted by aliens, foretelling the future, talking to god(s), turning scrap iron into gold, etc., etc.. None of these anecdotes are evidence. Nor can they be used to validate each other.

Your entire premise is based on nothing but anecdotes.

Just stories.

There is a REAL world out there, soulman, but you have lost touch with it. :ohdear:

Pamela:

Science denied the reality of meteorites for centuries, despite the preponderance of anecdotal testimony from witnesses, (because "there are no stones in the sky") until two scientists from Harvard witnessed a meteorite fall and recovered it in the 1880s. Then science accepted meteorites as real.

I submit the same scientific skepticism applies to all things metaphysical, but for a different reason. That reason is direct, often brutal suppression of science and scientists by Christianity, particularly the Roman Catholic Church but also including Protestant branches, which is well-documented in my books.

The evidence of right-temporal lobe receptors is also contained there.

Namaskara, Soulman

Soulman, I suggest that you take the time to read the forum rules. If you claim that you have scientific data in support of temporal lobe receptors being a viable means of communicative spiritual interception, then you must post that information here. Please extract thus information from your book and post it for our scrutinization. Otherwise, there is no claim to be made and your work is merely conjecture

Pamela:

Here are the requested references:

Dr. Melvin Morse, a near-death experience researcher and author, believes that religions were created some 5,000 years ago because humanity could no longer hear the voice of God. Morse believes that the right temporal lobe of the brain is the “God spot,” where spiritual energies and communication interface with the brain.5

Australian Nobel laureate Sir John Eccles, among the most eminent brain experts of the 20th Century, announced in 1984 his belief that he had discovered biochemical evidence of the existence of the Soul, and that consciousness exists separately from the human body.

He is not the only scientist reaching this conclusion. There is a growing body of evidence that all consciousness exists in “space,” and that our brains are merely the receptors of our conscious memory, not the storage area.

Eccles, a neurophysiologist, believes the mind is a God-given creation that survives death, and is a direct manifestation of the Soul.38 Dr. Michael Schroeter-Kunhardt, a neuroscientist at the University of Heidelburg in Germany, believes the right temporal lobe of the brain is the location where brain, mind and Soul interact.39 This is the same location as Dr. Melvin Morse’s “God spot.”

Soulman

Dr. Melvin Morse, a near-death experience researcher and author, believes that religions were created some 5,000 years ago because humanity could no longer hear the voice of God. Morse believes that the right temporal lobe of the brain is the “God spot,” where spiritual energies and communication interface with the brain.5

this is Morse code;) for avoiding evidence

Australian Nobel laureate Sir John Eccles, among the most eminent brain experts of the 20th Century, announced in 1984 his belief that he had discovered biochemical evidence of the existence of the Soul, and that consciousness exists separately from the human body

Where is the data and what has been done in the last 25 years in support of this?

Eccles, a neurophysiologist, believes the mind is a God-given creation that survives death, and is a direct manifestation of the Soul.38 Dr. Michael Schroeter-Kunhardt, a neuroscientist at the University of Heidelburg in Germany, believes the right temporal lobe of the brain is the location where brain, mind and Soul interact.39 This is the same location as Dr. Melvin Morse’s “God spot

hmmmn there's that word again

you must provide DATA or a link

Pamela,

You can check out Eccles' and Dr. Morse's work on your own. I'm not your researcher. If they say they believe it, I don't think they are producing "morse code," but stating their informed opinions. If you doubt their word, that's your problem, not mine.

I'll take Eccles' and Morse's integrity over knee-jerk skepticism any day.

Read Dr. Dean Radin's "The Conscious Universe" or Michael Talbot's "Holographic Universe" or Richard Broughton's "Parapsychology: The Controversial Science" or Stanislav Grof's "The Holotropic Mind" for a reality check.

Soulman

You can check out Eccles' and Dr. Morse's work on your own. I'm not your researcher. If they say they believe it, I don't think they are producing "morse code," but stating their informed opinions. If you doubt their word, that's your problem, not mine.

Since you have failed to read or adhere to the forum's rules, I have posted them for you

Be yourself. But please respect these ground rules:

In general, back up your claims by using links or references.

If you make strange claims, please provide proof or at least backup of some kind. If you fail to do so, or the backup you provide is not deemed adequate, the moderators may move your post to the Strange Claims forum. If you want to refute someone's claims, please stay calm and point out where you think they went wrong, and what kind of proof you base your own opinion on.

Do not post links to other sites as proof of your claims without commenting what the relevant sites say and why they are important to the current discussion.

Statements like "I just know that this is the way it is" (especially when religion is being discussed) are considered ignorant and might be deleted. Likewise, users who have an obvious agenda behind the majority of their posts may be banned.

The explicit discussion of drugs in order to promote non-scientific experimentation of drugs, show people how to obtain or create drugs, or providing histories of drug use to show off, will lead to deletion of posts, and we will issue warnings.

If you ask for opinions, respect the replies you get.

It is generally a good idea not to spend all your time in only a few topics.

Do not endlessly show us that *your* theory is the *only* truth. And don't follow this up by making people look stupid for pointing out that there are other answers, especially if they provide links and resources. It will get you banned!

Rude and offensive behaviour is not tolerated and might lead to instant banning (at the discretion of the forum staff). This includes forum posts, e-mails to users, messages in the chatroom, and private messages.

Avoid cross-posting--that is, posting highly similar posts in multiple threads. The majority of our members actually read most threads, and this is impolitely forcing them to read something they've probably already read. It's OK to reply in existing threads with a post containing, "I discuss a related, but different, idea in *this thread*", and provide a link, but it should be in the context of the thread in which you are posting.

I have already infracted soulman for "spamming" -- posting here to advertise his book and website. We should all do whatever we can to coach soulman how to contribute here, within the boundaries of our rules.

This may be a big challenge for us, as soulman apparently believes that one should go to books on the "paranormal" (out of the normal) for a "reality check".

If anyone is curious as to why a former professional skeptic (a daily newspaper editor for 25 years) has become a believer in "metaphysical" (actually spiritual) phenomena, I will gladly answer any questions.

Soulman

Ok, I'll bite, why would an otherwise intelligent skeptical man suddenly become a believer in the supernatural?