Science Forums

A Way to get to lightspeed?

Hungry to know

ok here is my idea on light speed

Now,as we all know,there is no gravity in space,so there for [as far as I know] theres no pressure.So my possible way of getting to the speed of light is that maby,just maby,we could build somthing like a massive gun [or somthing like that] to shoot a ship forword! we could even get to FTL [faster than light] speeds. as for the fact of getting back,we first send robots to a promsing planet.they build another ''gun'' so any humans could fly back and forth!

what do you think??

Well, this might be easier if we knew what level of education you are at right now? I sure don't want to be guilty of talking over your head or talking down to you. It would also help me on my vocabulary choices. So, y'know, age and schooling, maybe even why the question popped up for you. Then we'll be on the same wavelength!! :alien_dance:

ok here is my idea on light speed

Now,as we all know,there is no gravity in space,so there for [as far as I know] theres no pressure.So my possible way of getting to the speed of light is that maby,just maby,we could build somthing like a massive gun [or somthing like that] to shoot a ship forword! we could even get to FTL [faster than light] speeds. as for the fact of getting back,we first send robots to a promsing planet.they build another ''gun'' so any humans could fly back and forth!

what do you think??

Hungry, in our universe no material object no matter how it is accelerated can even match the speed of light much less exceed it. No gun will shoot an object that fast or even a large fraction of that speed. If you were on board such a projectile you would immediately become paste on the rear bulkhead due to acceleration.

Well, this might be easier if we knew what level of education you are at right now? I sure don't want to be guilty of talking over your head or talking down to you. It would also help me on my vocabulary choices. So, y'know, age and schooling, maybe even why the question popped up for you. Then we'll be on the same wavelength!! :alien_dance:

Ok,I PRAY this does not affect my standing with anyone here.....

I'm 13 years of age :_