Science Forums

Bunch of dam nonsense

stanleyg

And this dawns upon us a special after-life? I'm sorry but honestly, every day I get so worked up thinking about how people can believe this. It almost disgusts me.

Yeah sure, we are concious. Concious enough to make up something to make our lives easier. Mythology. Without those trees, animals, or rocks, we wouldn't even exist.

If you please, I would like to know how you have come to this conclusion that humans like you are of no greater signifigance than the living bacteria growing on a peice of dung.

I believe since our creation humans have been given dominion over the animals and trees, to take care of them and rule over them; and there is an afterlife for humans. whether or not there is for animals is debatable, I'm not going one way or the other on that.

Why do you get so worked up about it? If it makes people's lives easier, then why should you care?

I can't speak for him/her, but there are reasons for unbelievers to get worked up. For example, because the believers like to try to stick their noses where they don't belong ... the public school system. How many recent attempts have their been to require stickers in textbooks saying the evolution is "only a theory", or attempts to get Intelligent Design taught in school, as well as the many attempts to get Creationism taught in school a few years ago.

Also, how many bloody wars have been caused by disagreements over evolution? I know of known. Now, how many bloody wars have been caused by disagreements over religion? A multitude.

Given? Or evolved into thinking this....

i like discussing things like this, hearing peoples opinions, learning from other people, giving my opinion. that shouldn't matter to you JP

Dude, that's all well and good, but when it "disgusts" you that people believe in a God, that makes me question whether or not its necessary to get so worked up. That's what I was referring to.

-jp

Another reason to get worked up - at least as far are some religious views are concerned - is that other countries ridicule America for its being the world's hotbed of Creationism. Creationists give America an international black eye.

Another reason is the con artists - certain preachers, pastors, or what have you - that rip people off in the name of God. Faith healing deceipt, preachers with hidden earphones and people backstage telling them facts about people inthe audience to make it look like a miracle, and so on.

I can't speak for him/her, but there are reasons for unbelievers to get worked up. For example, because the believers like to try to stick their noses where they don't belong ... the public school system. How many recent attempts have their been to require stickers in textbooks saying the evolution is "only a theory", or attempts to get Intelligent Design taught in school, as well as the many attempts to get Creationism taught in school a few years ago.
So what? Why is it so horrible for two conflicting views about life to be presented in school? What harm would it do? Whose life would it ruin?

Also, how many bloody wars have been caused by disagreements over evolution? I know of known. Now, how many bloody wars have been caused by disagreements over religion? A multitude.
Hitler was an avowed atheist who believed in naturalistic evolution. He regularly read Nitche and subscribed to many of his philosophies. He tried to create a "perfect" race... the next step in the evolutionary ladder.

Thoughts?

-jp

p.s. You are very correct about the wars fought in the name of Christianity. Those people were wrong and were not following the teachings of Jesus. The atrocities can't be denied, but it's good to point out that those people were acting contrarily to the religion they were fighting for.

Awesome points telemad.

Your right, Believers like me don't belong, we are not worldly people, we don't fit in. That is why being a Christian comes with persecution.

what???? america is practically all believers, that makes no sense.

p.s. who said that in the first place...? sounds like a cry for attention.

Another reason to get worked up - at least as far are some religious views are concerned - is that other countries ridicule America for its being the world's hotbed of Creationism. Creationists give America an international black eye.

Another reason is the con artists - certain preachers, pastors, or what have you - that rip people off in the name of God. Faith healing deceipt, preachers with hidden earphones and people backstage telling them facts about people inthe audience to make it look like a miracle, and so on.

Yes, it is bad, there are alot of deceptions from preachers gone corrupt and things, I know about the hidden earphones in false preachers, but those preachers give Christians a bad name, those false preachers make the real ones look like fools.

That was hitlers view of the next step in evolution...which was not evolution at all. not even an attempt. it was an attempt to sift out and forcefully alter things like eye color...that is not evolution.

But people were killed for an atheistic worldview... That's my point.

-jp